Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of phase switch

Hi guys
    Had a phase switch installed in my HH guitar with a push push pot...... Just noticed that when the switch is activated it changes the tone of the bridge pickup when that is selected on its own....when you select the neck pickup it does nothing which is what I imagine it should do as its only going to make the pickups out of phase when they are both selected.... Is it right that it should be affecting the bridge like that? ... Cheers

I can't say if or why that should happen electronically, but I can say that it does happen even with single coil pickups. One factor that might be involved is simply your listening perspective. Since you're inverting phase this happens all the way through the chain to your speaker altering the acoustic interaction between your guitar and amp. Imagine you're facing the amp with you're guitar... Now turn around so you're not, but turn your head so your listening perspective is the same, but your guitars listening perspective is inverted. Sort of like that. It could be that the particular frequencies accentuated by either of your pickups make it more or less apparent. Just thinking out loud.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Probably has it wired so it is just flipping 1 coil.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
        I can't say if or why that should happen electronically, but I can say that it does happen even with single coil pickups. One factor that might be involved is simply your listening perspective. Since you're inverting phase this happens all the way through the chain to your speaker altering the acoustic interaction between your guitar and amp. Imagine you're facing the amp with you're guitar... Now turn around so you're not, but turn your head so your listening perspective is the same, but your guitars listening perspective is inverted. Sort of like that. It could be that the particular frequencies accentuated by either of your pickups make it more or less apparent. Just thinking out loud.
        Thanks for the detailed reply 👍

Comment

Yeah that must be the case I think...cheers

Comment

Working...
          X