Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100 ohm 2W+ Hum Balance Pots--Surplus resources?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 ohm 2W+ Hum Balance Pots--Surplus resources?

Once again, almost out of 100 ohm Hum Balance pots, I found myself again on ebay searching for more deals on 100 ohm 2W or higher panel mount pots. Every so often, I'd find some AB Type J, locking shaft bushings, or short shaft slotted types similar to the AB pots (Clarostat, Ohmmite, etc). Of late, I've been using some 5W WW 100 ohm pots that are more affordable than the CTS recessed screwdriver slotted pots that Fender supplies, though it pains me to pay $7 + shpg for those.

I did find more of the 5W 100 ohm pots like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	100 ohm hum balance pot-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	874585 Click image for larger version

Name:	100 ohm hum balance pot-2.jpg
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	874586 Click image for larger version

Name:	100 ohm hum balance pot-3.jpg
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	874587 Click image for larger version

Name:	100 ohm hum balance pot-4.jpg
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	874588

8mm bushing, fits into a 5/16" hole if you slightly ream it out (0.315 dia into a 0.3125 hole), though with only a 4mm long threaded bushing, there's just not enough length to use a lock washer. They've been affordable (2 for $7.95, free shpg), and have worked for retrofitting into Fender amps and others.

After searching thru all of what I found on ebay, rejecting all of the $10+ AB Type J pots and similar, I again found myself settling for a few more of these. I looked to see what Surplus Sales of Nebraska had http://www.surplussales.com/Potentio...Adj/Index.html , a source G1 had provided, but they too were more than I wanted to pay.

Anyone know of some other good resources?
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

I'll often just remove the pot (if it's bad) and install a couple resistors............ like hundreds of amps without the hum balance control. I find that, most of the time, the pot ends up being near centered anyway.
    Last edited by The Dude; 05-17-2019, 03:19 AM.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

https://www.cedist.com/products/pote...fender-control

Comment

Working...
      X