Where to find this jack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find this jack?

Notice the jack has the grounds on the right side instead of the more common left side. No brand markings. Pulled from an Ibanez SW65 headphone jack. Tried a cliff jack and the headphones didn't work. The signal path needs the original jack configuration. Having trouble locating one.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190521_214622.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	874599

If you have the opposite one handy, you can carefully take the pins out and reverse them.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Thought about that and tried but it was being pretty stubborn. Will give it another try tomorrow with some different tools.

Comment

Try it, pins were inserted there once, can be pulled and reinserted the other way, I do that all the time.

That said, look carefully under good light, there are small tabs punched in so they work as "arrowheads" or fishing hook tips, so they go in easy and lock, you must push them in or straighten them, usually with a largish sewing needle or a fine screwdriver tip before removing them, don´t just use brute force.]

*Some* just have a punched "wart" or dimple and only friction fit, those can be straight pulled with long nose pliers.

Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Don't suppose anyone has a schematic for this, do you?

supposed to be 65w amp, barely getting 50w before limiter kicks in.

Probably just over rated.

Comment

good luck, I can never find jack...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	jim_williams_bench_closeup_linear_technology-lg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	853851
            (kidding, its Jim Williams famous bench at Linear Tech, mine has <10 strata currently...)

Comment

Take all the crap off the table and it looks like the place I worked in the 80's.

So nobody has seen a schematic of the SW65?

Think the limiter is kicking in a little early, it may be adjustable.

Comment

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
                good luck, I can never find jack...
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]53694[/ATTACH]
                (kidding, its Jim Williams famous bench at Linear Tech, mine has <10 strata currently...)
                Ahh............a fond old friend......Tek 547 scope with a 1A4 plug-in, and the C-12 scope camera swung aside. Tek P6042 current probe. Must be a fan of Gallagher....never pick shit up.....chances are, it will be right where you left it! Reminds me of Henry Sugarman's Bicycle shop repair bench, where the only accessible item always available was the large bench vise.
                Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

I have a bunch of those metal base GE 6550's that came in Tek scopes.
                  The little rolls of silver solder too!

Comment

I don't judge. Each to his own and some people can function quite well in that sort of mess. Me? I'm quite the opposite and maybe even a little OCD. That would drive me nuts. I could never function in such disorganization.
                    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                      That would drive me nuts. I could never function in such disorganization.
                      Some have a fear of putting things away for fear of forgetting where things are, better to keep everything in plain sight! (but I wouldn't know anyone like that ).
                      On the other side of the coin, folks like my brother who has a squirrel like tendency to stash everything away. If I'm working on one of his vehicles, I have to be careful not to turn my back, lest the tools get put away in the middle of the job!
                      Originally posted by Enzo
                      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Back to tdlunsfo's original question, I have seen the backwards jacks in some Randall stuff, but they were the version with extra long legs.
                        Unable to find a current source for any of the 'backward' style leaf jacks like this.
                        Originally posted by Enzo
                        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                          Some have a fear of putting things away for fear of forgetting where things are, better to keep everything in plain sight! (but I wouldn't know anyone like that ).
                          On the other side of the coin, folks like my brother who has a squirrel like tendency to stash everything away. If I'm working on one of his vehicles, I have to be careful not to turn my back, lest the tools get put away in the middle of the job!
                          THAT used to drive me crazy, working as a bicycle mechanic at Henry's Bike Shop in LA. A lot of his customers were lower middle class, and the shop had become a bone yard, so repairs were done out on the floor adjacent to the sales counter...a hodge-podge of stuff piled onto the once flat surface. Henry, an elderly Polish Jew, a survivor of the concentration camps in WWII, and had trouble trusting people, would constantly move my tools that I was in the middle of using, when setting it down on the counter next to the bike stand. Walking into his shop was like walking into an old shop over in Europe....semi-controlled chaos...new bikes intermixed with the broken down yet-to-be-repaired ones. But, it was always a joy to do the quick repairs while the customer waited in the seat next to the counter, watching me take their rattly bike and turn it into something solid that you could bounce off the floor and no longer hear anything rattle, healthy and ready for use. Big smiles on their faces. Now, doing the same thing with the electronics and putting the gear back into solid working condition.
                          Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Marshall's JMP1 preamp uses one four-pin version on the input. In TAD (Germany) they have it.
                            https://www.tubeampdoctor.com/produc...rs&language=en
                            As J.M. Fahey says, when I needed to replace it I used a standard one, reversing its pins.
                            It is advisable not to touch the top of the contacts to avoid deforming them. Better to hold them below with suitable pliers and push up.

Comment

All, I was able to swap the pins with a little more effort. Amp works fine now. Good to know there is source as all of the jacks in this amp where starting to get pretty corroded. As for the workbench picture.. no way for me. I clean up my bench in between each job. I'm way too OCD. Also I didn't find a schematic but ended up not needing one.

Comment

Working...
                              X