Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever consider this hazard when repairing stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever consider this hazard when repairing stuff?

https://pitchfork.com/news/synth-rep...intage-buchla/
    nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

That's a trip!!
    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
      That's a trip!!
      Figured you'd be the one to say that....

nosaj

Comment

You kids...

The 1960s were... oh well you already said it.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Was just reading a story about Marty Stuart finding a tab of acid inside the cavity of Clarence White's Telecaster.

Comment

Originally posted by glebert View Post
            Was just reading a story about Marty Stuart finding a tab of acid inside the cavity of Clarence White's Telecaster.
            Was that how he found God?

nosaj

Comment

Dang!

All I find are stink bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                Dang! All I find are stink bugs.
                Similar here. Mold, mouse turds, dead cockroaches, rarely (thank hevvins) live ones, occasionally stems & seeds, dust bunnies & scraps of hay straw. Set lists, love notes, directions to the next gig, busted picks, busted strings. A British 20p coin, other random pennies & nickels. And the winner, recently found in the back of an old Pro Reverb, one corroded sterling silver earring - about a buck's worth of silver, whoopee!
                This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

9h unscheduled trip! Wow I hope he played with the synth for the fun ~2h part

Comment

Sometimes you fix the gear and in certain circumstances the gear gives you a fix. Imagine the scientist Albert Hofmann's trip when he accidentally discovered lsd for the first time.
                    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

No I didn't before, but now I will !
                      " Things change, not always for the better. " - Leo_Gnardo

Comment

Not with amps, but I remember going in someone's trunk to grab a flat tire for repair. Called my supervisor over to check my opinion, he says, huh... 3 bags of white powder... Send it out the door, don't touch anything. Tire is not repairable & we don't have a replacement. All lies of course. But he didn't want my prints on the coke.

Justin
                        "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                        "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                        "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                          Dang!

All I find are stink bugs.
                          Left my friend at home with my first build to try out... He calls me, "hey, it made a funny noise, then a puff of smoke & a bad smell. I turned it off."

Go home, open it... Damn Stinkbug crawled across the can cap terminals.

Remove carcass, amp is good to go.

Justin
                          "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                          "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                          "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Hey, let's all go open up our oil-can delays! PCB, PCP, same thing...

(Joking, for sure. That stuff is NASTY. I did open up an oil-filled cap once... When I was a young dumbass before reading up on those on the interwebs.)

Justin

Comment

If I had a nickle for every time that has happened....
                              It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Working...
                              X