Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever consider this hazard when repairing stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randall View Post
    If I had a nickle for every time that has happened....
    Especially in Florida. Giant flying "waterbugs" (roaches), cute little lizards, some rather robust centipedes & spiders. Oh what fun. In the southwest I'll bet our friends have to be on the lookout for snakes & scorpions. Best advice anywhere, search first with a strong flashlight & vacuum cleaner at hand before sticking hands inside.

I did neglect to mention that one amazing day when I found an envelope with eight 100 dollar bills inside the back of a Fender Bassman head. Customer was planning to buy another Bassman - a 100 in showroom condition - and he had stashed his buy money in the old one. Honesty pays off - we're old friends and he's brought me lots of gear to fix, plus he's had me over his place for dinner with the family and gave me a quart of his excellent home made pistachio ice cream.
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

That is cool.
      I never find anything good, just the normal disgusting stuff.

Work related things we find a lot of spider crap, even a live brown recluse once.

Small lizards often crawl inside power supplies that have a battery heater to keep warm, so I find their skeletons inside with blast marks when they arc across the SMPS.

Comment

........what a looooonnnnnnggg....strange trip it's been.................Truckin'...................

Now that is one strange trip indeed! I never knew one could ingest that substance from skin contact.

Now, while I was the head tech at Cherokee Recording Studios back in the early 80's, while Toto was in Studio 1 laying tracks for their next album, more than once, being on the swing shift, and went in after the session stopped late at night, there was white powder left behind on the surface of the Steinway Grand, which we first did a tiny taste test, satisfied it wasn't anything dangerous, and scraped together a few lines to cap off the rest of the evening.
        Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Back in our R&R days, our lead guitar player always had a shot of schnapps on top of his amp. And then often friends from the audience would come on stage during the break, and "share" some coke, using the top of his amp.
          After a 2 week job, we returned to the rehearsal room, (my garage), and after set up. I commented how filthy the top of that Acoustic was, and got a rag, and windex. Joe wouldn't let me touch it said it was "Character!"

Comment

So now I have to clean off any residue I find inside an amp with my tongue? Ya know,.. Just in case.
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
              So now I have to clean off any residue I find inside an amp with my tongue? Ya know,.. Just in case.
              ICK! Ickety-ick to the max! Only if you're such an addict that you don't care how many filthy germs you're licking up - and apparently such people exist. If you do that, and your tongue goes numb, tell yourself what a fine time you're having. OY!

AAAACK! FILTHY DOG GERMS ! ! !
              Last edited by Leo_Gnardo; 05-25-2019, 01:50 AM.
              This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Working...
              X