Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lesson learned, don't use black sharpie on red tolex!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
    I may never know. On one cabinet (also "wine" eschertron, but tolex) I only marked the back panels. So you'd never see it from the front. The other was a Gibson clone in fawn for a harmonica player that I'm no longer in contact with. Maybe he's enjoying the mystery script under the right light.
    After he's cleaned up that crystaline substance you left there

nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
      After he's cleaned up that crystaline substance you left there

nosaj
      Honestly...

As a mushroom hunter in the PNW I enjoy finding and even picking the psilocybes for their rarity and the "Oooh! I'm getting away with something." that comes with it. At over fifty years old I haven't had the nerve to actually play with any of them. I had my fun trying more stuff than most in my youth, including "shrooms" and LSD. Now I just have anxiety around the idea of being off my game for even a minute. As an adult in a domestic circumstance there's always the chance that I'll need to step up or be the pin man. I just don't have a six hour window when that absolutely couldn't happen
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Honestly...

As a mushroom hunter in the PNW I enjoy finding and even picking the psilocybes for their rarity and the "Oooh! I'm getting away with something." that comes with it. At over fifty years old I haven't had the nerve to actually play with any of them. I had my fun trying more stuff than most in my youth, including "shrooms" and LSD. Now I just have anxiety around the idea of being off my game for even a minute. As an adult in a domestic circumstance there's always the chance that I'll need to step up or be the pin man. I just don't have a six hour window when that absolutely couldn't happen
        Yes i have finally come around myself , It's that damn thing they call growing up. I'm not always happy about being the only one to step up but when I do I'm glad that I was able to. Sometimes when I get tired of being the only one to step I have to step back and realize it wasn't until I turned 40 that I put away childish habits, so I have to give lots of slack like was given me. That POV can be hard to come by some days though.
        But I'll never stop trying trying to be funny
        nosaj

Comment

The cab came out quite well. You cannot see any of the markings. I shot one spot where I had written "side" with some flat black on the cab. I think that, plus the glue saved me. But, never again!

Here is the cab before corners are installed. Ask me how I know you need new rivets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	521.6 KB
ID:	853856
          It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
            The cab came out quite well. You cannot see any of the markings. I shot one spot where I had written "side" with some flat black on the cab. I think that, plus the glue saved me. But, never again!

Here is the cab before corners are installed. Ask me how I know you need new rivets.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53704[/ATTACH]
            Looks pretty darn good there.

Ok How do you know I need new rivets....?

nosaj

Comment

Looks very good.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red
                "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red
                  SIGGED!

Jusrin
                  "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                  "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                  "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

It's called British Red Levaunt. The official Marshall stuff costs more than twice as much, and AFAIK isn't much different. I will post the answer to the rivets over on my rivets post.
                    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Working...
                    X