Pot input noise issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot input noise issue

Hello, I received a certain amount of ripple noise when the volume pot goes down. It started at the end of the track (less above 5 percent to the end, than constantly till the pot is closed). Seems is not a pot issue as shunted the wiper to ground have same effect. It is normal ? Bad tube? Bad designed circuit, please? The noise is very low , but is there.Over there the amp is quiet as mouse. How can get ridof, please.Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190526_131647.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	874605
    "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you are measuring the wrong things."

Originally posted by catalin gramada View Post
    Hello, I received a certain amount of ripple noise when the volume pot goes down. It started at the end of the track (less above 5 percent to the end, than constantly till the pot is closed). Seems is not a pot issue as shunted the wiper to ground have same effect. It is normal ? Bad tube? Bad designed circuit, please? The noise is very low , but is there.Over there the amp is quiet as mouse. How can get ridof, please.Thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53700[/ATTACH]
    Did you try increasing the value of input grid resistor? Something more common, like 68k?

Comment

Originally posted by m1989jmp View Post
      Did you try increasing the value of input grid resistor? Something more common, like 68k?
      Nevermind, I removed the 10k grid stopper from input and everything go smooth without any bump noise. Rising the value, I think will go worst as will pick up ripple from ground path. Is interesting and have no ideea why it act as a switch at the end (beginning) of the pot track.Thanks

Late edit: anyhow what I remarked, 12AU7 sound bad unbypassed in my circuit, I heard will do at serious ammount of current. I raised it till 7mA and still no good enough, for me at least. It was claimed it generate serious amount of distortion,but for low excursion guess is no a concern
      Last edited by catalin gramada; 05-26-2019, 04:15 PM.
      "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you are measuring the wrong things."

Comment

'Ripple noise' normally means HT ripple, eg 100Hz hum (as I think you're in Europe); is that what you meant here?
        My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Yes,please. I removed the grid stopper and now can put down volume pot without any issue at the end of track.It was a very low noise but still audible close to the end track pot position, The pot acted like a switch to a point and suspected is a pot fault, but keeping pot open and shunted the wiper to ground with a wire got the same result. Grid stopper gone and now no sign of issue.Thanks

Not pretty sure if was ht ripple noise, but sound as same have no ideea how I get it
          Last edited by catalin gramada; 05-26-2019, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X