Sourcing an input jack for a Vox night train nt15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sourcing an input jack for a Vox night train nt15

I can't seem to find one like this, it's a not a flush fit to the PCB, it sits approx 6mm off the deck, which is higher than most I've found.

It has a brand name of "BT" printed on the bottom.

Thanks!

Amprepairparts has a 'hard to find' section that often has this kind of stuff.
    Have a look at the J-504SL in this section: https://www.amprepairparts.com/hardtofind.htm#jacks
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks for that, I forgot that page existed, better save that in my bookmarks.

It needs to be an internal front panel thread, 4 pin switched, 6mm offset, unfortunately I can't see one on that page. Cliff make one that looks similar (approx 7mm offset) but I can find a decent spec sheet, or stockist. I've dropped an email to Korg/Vox, fingers are firmly crossed

Comment

An ideal candidate to cut it and mount a standard jack with wiring.
        You will avoid having to disassemble all this :

Click image for larger version

Name:	Voxnt.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	853864

Comment

Standard jack is certainly an option, I've already had the board part way out to de-solder the old one for inspection, it's in there damn tight, you don't get much wiggle room!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	cct_bd_12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	853865

Comment

I thought that the one I put was a 15, but it must be a 50. In any case, the construction is very similar.
            You could align the contact sheets vertically, apply heat to the welds and pull them. The heat itself will soften the plastic so that they come out through them.
            If it gets complicated, you can use a dremel with a suitable cutting disc to decompose the plastic structure.

Comment

Or make the legs longer with bus wire.

Comment

I've persuaded the old one back into a state where it now works, while mildly reinforcing it so it will survive day to day use for a while. When it gets abused again it will probably be curtains, but we'll worry about that if it happens!

Comment

I should have waited for Korg to get back to me

For future reference for anyone looking for this, the part number for this jack is 530000001452

Comment

I went straight to parts is parts website and searched for the jack when I first read your post. Funny thing is that they have the listing for the part as "Vox speaker Jack for NT15H, 530000001452" and no image on file. That's enough to confuse people looking for an input jack for that amp. Glad you found out the part number.
                    https://www.partsisparts.net/catalog...h-530000001452
                    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Visual confirmation is everything!

According to the email they sent me it is also used on the AC4TV8, AC4TVH and MINI3

Comment

Working...
                      X