'72 Fender super reverb no trem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '72 Fender super reverb no trem

Have this amp in my shop, checked and measured all of the components in that circuit and most of the board, all within spec, put in new 12at7's and total retube, no change. Photo-optic bug changing with speed control. where else do I need to look?

Do you mean the light is changing with speed? If so, that tells us everything up to that point is working, but doesn't tell us if the other side of the bug is working. I'd try hitting the eyelets on that side, I have fixed more than one this way. Also, put your meter across those two legs, do they change resistance with speed control? They should. If not, bad bug.
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

What Randall said ^^^. Over the last 5 years or so I've noticed a rash of vibrato bugs gone bad in 60's-70's Fenders, where the photocell end quit working although the neon lamp blinks just fine.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Definitely check the other side of the bug.. but I also learned years ago when it come to tremolo circuits, the best test for caps is replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
          Definitely check the other side of the bug.. but I also learned years ago when it come to tremolo circuits, the best test for caps is replacement.
          Yep, was the bug, replaced it and all is fine. Thanks to all.

Comment

Working...
          X