Guitar straps..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar straps..

Anyone recommend a vg quality guitar strap Co. maybe I can look out for on ebay for a nice worn one. I keep buying chinese junk like the skivvy I am, not doing my strat-jap-jazzmaster any kudos.

I like a wide shoulder section, ideally the whole thing wide/ leather. thx SC

Originally posted by Sea Chief View Post
    Anyone recommend a vg quality guitar strap Co. maybe I can look out for on ebay for a nice worn one. I keep buying chinese junk like the skivvy I am, not doing my strat-jap-jazzmaster any kudos.

I like a wide shoulder section, ideally the whole thing wide/ leather. thx SC
    Do you have a leather shop locally? Check with them it'll last for ever. I bought a used one years ago wide leather keeps the bass low slung. Says Playing for Jesus down the middle. With any luck it'll be here for the rapture........

nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Last year, I decided to try the "Levy's 3" Padded Neoprene Strap." The shoulder padding is very comfortable. Some do not like the way the guitar can move a bit. But I like that "adjust-ability" if I move around and need to re-position the guitar.

Comment

I have a nice leather one that I made when I was still in high school It's comfy, wide at the shoulder, adjustable and looks cool. I never use it. I just keep using the cheapies. Maybe because I rarely use straps anymore and when I did I liked the way the inexpensive polyester straps rolled up small for travel and didn't bind to my shoulder when tilting the guitar back and forth. When I was interested in a nice strap I made one and it wasn't even that hard. Leather straps aren't that damn expensive now unless you want something custom from a shop with your name, a naked lady, a pair of dice and an image of Loony Toons Tasmanian Devil on there But to get back to my previous position... The cheapie polyesters are GREAT because they roll up nice and don't bind. Form should follow function and I have no need of studs, bullet loops or sheepskin.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

A piece of leather over here like so to make one would be damn expensive, you have all those plains of buffalos & cowboys rounding one up for you & stuff. I'll look up Levy's. the name rings a bell maybe I had one once.. maybe on an sg. the neoprene one's surely won't last too long tho.

thanks SC

Comment

Check out well hung straps. He's on Reverb.

Comment

Actually following my nose onwards from the vg Levy's suggestion, i stumbled upon 'Franklin' straps myself: wider 3", soft leather, Nth america mfr.. so what I wanted & found one on ebay/ not cheap, but looks a lovely crafted item. Will update- with a pic on my partscaster.

many thanks folks. SC

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Chief View Post
                Actually following my nose onwards from the vg Levy's suggestion, i stumbled upon 'Franklin' straps myself: wider 3", soft leather, Nth america mfr.. so what I wanted & found one on ebay/ not cheap, but looks a lovely crafted item. Will update- with a pic on my partscaster.

many thanks folks. SC
                FWIW Levy is a Canadian company. And they do make high quality straps. I know Britain has some high import duties. Maybe less so with friendly old British Commonwealth countries compared to those upstart rebel colonies. Worth a thought anyway.
                This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Straps are a very personal thing. I use a nylon “seatbelt” type strap on a Dano or a light Telly or Strat. I use a wide soft leather my Les Pauls. I even use a wider leather strap for my double neck or a bass. Do your “due diligence” on Amazon. There are lots of options. You may not like what someone else absolutely loves. Everyone has different “issues” when it comes to straps.

Comment

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

From a guy who's doing it on stage with a lot of different guitars. I know players that have a strap dedicated to each of their guitars. I was always a one guitar guy (unless I had to use the backup ) but I understand the appeal of having the right strap for the guitar.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

Hi there! I was in entirely the same position as you, I ended up just going through a bunch until one cut it, I found this one that nice and wide, never dug into me like the others, its super secure on the guitar and for the price (British leather too), its the best I've come across... I've dropped the link for you below, happy playing

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0013NFRFQ/
                      Last edited by Boss; 04-17-2020, 08:11 AM. Reason: removed spam affiliate code from product link

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                        Hi there! I was in entirely the same position as you, I ended up just going through a bunch until one cut it, I found this one that nice and wide, never dug into me like the others, its super secure on the guitar and for the price (British leather too), its the best I've come across... I've dropped the link for you below, happy playing

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0013NFRFQ/
                        Looks very nice indeed. BUT when I punched on the link, "Does not ship to the United States." What? Still upset about those upstart colonies, or what??? Oh well, enjoy them in Old Blighty. Maybe someday the seller will change their mind.
                        Last edited by Boss; 04-17-2020, 06:23 PM. Reason: removed spam affiliate code from product link in quote
                        This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I had to switch to a “Slinger” strap for my double neck. I actually developed a medical condition called “impingement syndrome” in my left shoulder despite using a very wide strap. The Slinger strap goes around your waste. BUT you have to relocate a strap button. Feels odd at first, but you get used to it.

Comment

You're a bad ass! Nothing is ever going to stop you delivering tunes as long as there's a tool or a new method to get the job done

Comment

This one is for the Dawg....

A friend had serious neck and shoulder pain. I bought one of those Home Depot elastic support waste bands, cut off the shoulder straps, took out the metal support pieces, sewed on two ends of a guitar strap, moved the buttons on the guitar, and voila, made him a waste band strap. No, you could not do the ZZ Top flip your guitar in circles move. It wasn't a perfect design, but it worked - provided you didn't have a super heavy guitar.

Oh well... it's the story of a man and his sewing machine :-)
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X