This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nevetslab View Post
    Is there a HP Filter (subsonic filter) with that built-in crossover? 30Hz HPF is pretty typical of what you'd want to prevent over-excursion below box tuning, 12dB/Oct or greater.
    Yes sir, the one i am looking at right now has a 24db filter and a 40hz low cut, and adjustable frequency cut off points for the mains and sub. I am also looking at some just 2 way crossovers, , but for the money the 15 band eq gives a lot of room for adjustment over the 7 band that the profx12 has.

Comment

Originally posted by bwheat View Post
      ......And you know what, i actually won't post anything else at all in this forum, as i have much better luck just using google.
      Well,..... that didn't last long.
      I'll start by saying I was trying to help. As g1 said, your first post left lots of room trying to figure out specifically what you were after. You gave no specs, no cabinet models, etc. Hell, you didn't even say you were looking for an amp and didn't already have one. I'm not sure why you copped the attitude, but It matters not to me any more. Enjoy your CE1000. You'll soon find out there's a reason they're so cheap. I'll end by adding another to my ignore list. Over and out.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
        Well,..... that didn't last long.
        I'll start by saying I was trying to help. As g1 said, your first post left lots of room trying to figure out specifically what you were after. You gave no specs, no cabinet models, etc. Hell, you didn't even say you were looking for an amp and didn't already have one. I'm not sure why you copped the attitude, but It matters not to me any more. Enjoy your CE1000. You'll soon find out there's a reason they're so cheap. I'll end by adding another to my ignore list. Over and out.
        Cool story, i am doing my research right now and not buying anything just yet, i am also looking at a few other models and looking at reviews but it was pretty obvious that i was looking for an amp compatible with my setup without having to double it up from the get go. It is what it is. I am sure you would disapprove of every single piece of equipment i own so i am really not worried about your way of thinking. Lets put it this way i played out for yrs 15-20 yrs ago on cheaper equipment than i have right now, and had a good time and everyone enjoyed it. It was fun and made me and the people we played for happy. Now i have a little nicer equipment, and a lot nicer amp than i have ever had, it all works for me and makes me happy. I bet the Alto 1000 that i have powering my peavey plastic cased mains are just so trash you probably wouldn't probably look at them let alone own them. I understand how it works with a lot of people, they want only the highest end stuff money can buy. But the point is that i didn't ask for any of that, i was asking maybe for a recommendation on a model to look for that would work that someone maybe had experience with. I would think you would probably of known that there are power amps out there that run at 4 ohms bridged with no problem whatsoever. I think even knowing what my wattage requirement or model numbers of sensitivity was really not even necessary to answer the question. Just maybe a 2 ohm stable amp bridged at 4 ohms with subs wired in parallel would of been the easy answer huh. The very last sentence of my first post was very clear, "Now my question is, are there any power amps out there that aren't really high end that run at 8 ohms in stereo, and 16 bridged, or that will run 4 ohms bridged. I have been looking and haven't really found much in that department" . No response of yes there are plenty of amps that will run 4 ohms bridged. So again you obviously didn't know that or weren't trying to be helpfull. It's fine to not know something, there is nothing wrong with that at all. But pretending to and talking about things totally off subject are totally not required if you see where i am going. If i appear to be an asshole i guess it is because this is how forums operate these days, whether it be cars, lawn mowers, musical instruments, motorcycle related, what ever it is always the same thing. There is maybe a few people willing to chime in that have experience and the rest are just rambling just to either get their post count up, or to feel important. It is not exclusive to this one, it happens on all of them. But you know what things weren't always that way. I used to help run a vehicle specific automotive forum with over 100k members and it was the most successful of it's type. The number one rule was not posting things that you are unsure about. The number 2 was being friendly to new people and don't treat them like they are some 13 year old kid who this is their first time ever doing such a thing. It worked very well, it ended up with a ton of searchable helpful information that people can use for yrs to come because pretty much every scenario or problem had been covered and resolved. It is still working great to this day, i have stepped away from it, but from the way that operates to the way that a lot of these operate today it is not appealing to new people. Especially when it is assumed that all new people are just some newbies trying to buy all the cheapest junk and start a garage band. Take it how you want it, i don't really care either way. If you have noticed with my conversation with nevetslab i am capable of being calm and nice to people who i get the vibe are cool and just maybe trying to help a guy out a little. He understood what i was trying to do pretty easily. But you know i will rephrase that first post just to make you happy so it is more understandable.

Comment

Coolstory,iamdoingmyresearchrightnowandnotbuyinganything justyet,iamalsolookingatafewothermodelsandlookingatrevie wsbutitwasprettyobviousthatiwaslookingforanampcompatible withmysetupwithouthavingtodoubleitupfromthegetgo.Itiswha titis.Iamsureyouwoulddisapproveofeverysinglepieceofequip mentiownsoiamreallynotworriedaboutyourwayofthinking.Lets putitthiswayiplayedoutforyrs15-20yrsagooncheaperequipmentthanihaverightnow,andhadagoodt imeandeveryoneenjoyedit.Itwasfunandmademeandthepeoplewep layedforhappy.Nowihavealittlenicerequipment,andalotnicer ampthanihaveeverhad,itallworksformeandmakesmehappy.Ibett heAlto1000thatihavepoweringmypeaveyplasticcasedmainsarej ustsotrashyouprobablywouldn'tprobablylookatthemletaloneo wnthem.Iunderstandhowitworkswithalotofpeople,theywantonl ythehighestendstuffmoneycanbuy.Butthepointisthatididn'ta skforanyofthat,iwasaskingmaybeforarecommendationonamodel tolookforthatwouldworkthatsomeonemaybehadexperiencewith. Iwouldthinkyouwouldprobablyofknownthattherearepowerampso uttherethatrunat4ohmsbridgedwithnoproblemwhatsoever.Ithi nkevenknowingwhatmywattagerequirementormodelnumbersofsen sitivitywasreallynotevennecessarytoanswerthequestion.Jus tmaybea2ohmstableampbridgedat4ohmswithsubswiredinparalle lwouldofbeentheeasyanswerhuh.Theverylastsentenceofmyfirs tpostwasveryclear,"Nowmyquestionis,arethereanypowerampso uttherethataren'treallyhighendthatrunat8ohmsinstereo,and 16bridged,orthatwillrun4ohmsbridged.Ihavebeenlookingandh aven'treallyfoundmuchinthatdepartment".Noresponseofyesth ereareplentyofampsthatwillrun4ohmsbridged.Soagainyouobvi ouslydidn'tknowthatorweren'ttryingtobehelpfull.It'sfinet onotknowsomething,thereisnothingwrongwiththatatall.Butpr etendingtoandtalkingaboutthingstotallyoffsubjectaretotal lynotrequiredifyouseewhereiamgoing.Ifiappeartobeanasshol eiguessitisbecausethisishowforumsoperatethesedays,whethe ritbecars,lawnmowers,musicalinstruments,motorcyclerelate d,whateveritisalwaysthesamething.Thereismaybeafewpeoplew illingtochimeinthathaveexperienceandtherestarejustrambli ngjusttoeithergettheirpostcountup,ortofeelimportant.Itis notexclusivetothisone,ithappensonallofthem.Butyouknowwha tthingsweren'talwaysthatway.Iusedtohelprunavehiclespecif icautomotiveforumwithover100kmembersanditwasthemostsucce ssfulofit'stype.Thenumberonerulewasnotpostingthingsthaty ouareunsureabout.Thenumber2wasbeingfriendlytonewpeoplean ddon'ttreatthemliketheyaresome13yearoldkidwhothisistheir firsttimeeverdoingsuchathing.Itworkedverywell,itendedupw ithatonofsearchablehelpfulinformationthatpeoplecanusefor yrstocomebecauseprettymucheveryscenarioorproblemhadbeenc overedandresolved.Itisstillworkinggreattothisday,ihavest eppedawayfromit,butfromthewaythatoperatestothewaythatalo toftheseoperatetodayitisnotappealingtonewpeople.Especial lywhenitisassumedthatallnewpeoplearejustsomenewbiestryin gtobuyallthecheapestjunkandstartagarageband.Takeithowyou wantit,idon'treallycareeitherway.Ifyouhavenoticedwithmyc onversationwithnevetslabiamcapableofbeingcalmandnicetope oplewhoigetthevibearecoolandjustmaybetryingtohelpaguyout alittle.Heunderstoodwhatiwastryingtodoprettyeasily.Butyo uknowiwillrephrasethatfirstpostjusttomakeyouhappysoitism oreunderstandable..
          I'm imagining he's been up for 4 days and the speakers he got are actually two muddy milk crates...

Comment

I would be great full if someone would just delete this thread and delete my account honestly. No reason to argue with a bunch of know it all's.

Comment

If you go back you will see that our members do not act the way that you are. You have been rude an vague and expect people to know where your going Like we have your thoughts. Get over yourself The members you insult are senior and knowledgeable members ask nevetslab he will tell you I'm sure that your acting overboard. You came here wanting help not the other way around. So step back and cool off and may you find the answers you seek. But be sure of one thing members here know of more than one way to skin a cat and have done so.

nosaj
              soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
                If you go back you will see that our members do not act the way that you are. You have been rude an vague and expect people to know where your going Like we have your thoughts. Get over yourself The members you insult are senior and knowledgeable members ask nevetslab he will tell you I'm sure that your acting overboard. You came here wanting help not the other way around. So step back and cool off and may you find the answers you seek. But be sure of one thing members here know of more than one way to skin a cat and have done so.

nosaj
                that almost laughable. Pretty much every time i have asked a question on here i have had to find the answer myself. You see i have no need to be a part of this forum, i have gotten by for a long time without and will get along just fine without. Like i said, the know it all attitude towards new guys is nothing new on forums these days it happens on most. But the whole don't post if you don't know what you are talking about thing should be pretty standard. It is clear that is going on here as there were some pretty off the wall replies. You eliminate that and i am a pretty reasonable person. My question was clear, i have pointed that out on a few occasions by quoting it. It is very easy to read that and see what you want to see. The thing is that i included extra info in there and people's minds had to take that info in, and assume from the getgo that the person typing it doesn't know what they are talking about, so they don't even make it thru the original post before they have something in their head they want to write and totally misread the question. It was pretty easy, point me in the direction of a good 4 ohm stable bridged amp. I didn't ask anyone for what size i need, or what they think i should do, just explained what i was doing and that i was looking for an amp. that is all. I have no reason to just be nice about it when this is just the common way that things work nowadays that people just put anything out there without really having any info on the matter. As far as i am concerned anybody who didn't give a recommendation for model, or brand that makes 4 ohm stable stuff is completely irreverent. Talking about my speakers and asking for model numbers and asking about sensitivity is assuming that i am 5 steps behind of where i am, as that has no use for the conversation. It wasn't asked about. If you look i was patient at the beginning of the thread, even though it didn't matter and wasn't inquired about i still gave a few people some numbers so they could process them and in their mind tell me what i should do, even though i wasn't asking for that. I don't get what is so hard to understand about that.

Comment

Reasonable is Not the way you are acting. It sounds more or less you need to go talk to a sales guy to sell you what you want since you don't know.
                  but having a tantrum here is not the way to get help. As I said there are many ways to do things and if you ask a group of people you get what you get, you don't get to dictate how they can respond to you. If you don't like it, leave it will be your loss not ours...

nosaj

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
                    Reasonable is Not the way you are acting. It sounds more or less you need to go talk to a sales guy to sell you what you want since you don't know.
                    but having a tantrum here is not the way to get help. As I said there are many ways to do things and if you ask a group of people you get what you get, you don't get to dictate how they can respond to you. If you don't like it, leave it will be your loss not ours...

nosaj
                    If someone would just delete my post's and my account than i'd proudly never come back ever again. Who has the power to do such a thing?

Comment

If someone would just delete my post's and my account than i'd proudly never come back ever again. Who has the power to do such a thing?
                      Talk to the BOSS.
                      I could delete your posts but I'd rather leave them.
                      nosaj

Comment

Of coarse you would do that. The way i see it i should at least be able to have anything that pertains to me removed from your site if i request it. I know that you don't care though. Just more proof of my original claim, surprise surprise.

Comment

Well if you want to interpret everything that way...

But this was just a conversation that didn't satisfy you, it will fade away on its own. It stands as an example of how not to get along online. There is no particular evidence of your actual identity, just an online name. Neither you nor I "own" our own posts here.

I would point out to you that when you come to a new place to post, no one there will know you, so no one here has any knowledge of what you may have done the last 25 years, or the last 25 minutes for that matter. It takes time and effort to determine what you are really asking for, what you really need.
                          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I’m fresh out of magic bullets.. lol. With a subwoofer its probably is a good idea not to operate it at the maximum current draw. When an SS amp will take a 4 ohm load (and a lot of amps will suffer 2 ohms) and is usually paired with an 8 ohm load, the 4 ohm rating is so it won’t blow up if someone hooks up a second speaker. I don’t understand what the fuss is about. You just buy enough power for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                              Well if you want to interpret everything that way...

But this was just a conversation that didn't satisfy you, it will fade away on its own. It stands as an example of how not to get along online. There is no particular evidence of your actual identity, just an online name. Neither you nor I "own" our own posts here.

I would point out to you that when you come to a new place to post, no one there will know you, so no one here has any knowledge of what you may have done the last 25 years, or the last 25 minutes for that matter. It takes time and effort to determine what you are really asking for, what you really need.
                              It is a conversation that even the people giving advise couldn't agree with each other. Only one was on par with what the rep at crown discussed with me. So i should believe the people who agree with that guy, or disagree with him? I actually did get the exact answer i was looking for, just not from everyone, just that one guy, and from a different source than here. That is the part that i don't like, people who just assume you are know nothing and start throwing options out there that aren't logical. What if i were like hey that guy told me to buy more speakers, i should buy more speakers. That would be something not needed and for no reason. That is bad advise. It's funny that you guys don't care about people getting the wrong advise. There are a lot of young kids just starting out doing this stuff, some incorrect information could really complicate things for them and discourage them to get more into it. Is that a cool thing. Or maybe just be sure that you are giving the right advise to everyone the first time whether they just bought their first instrument and are looking for some entry level gear, or a guy that has been playing for a long time, but a little out of the loop with modern stuff. The response shouldn't matter. Especially when someone ask's a specific question and someone tries to dissect that question and pick apart how they are wrong before even reading the whole question. that is what happened here whether you want to admit it of not. It is what it is, i don't care. You know there is a very slanderous post from one of your members on here that could be taken more seriously. Noone gives a shit though. The certain people who frequent this place will continue to do what they do long after i am not on here any more. Also the fact that the people who run the place do have access to any information i filled out when i signed up does tell me that it is my right to have everything pertaining to me removed from this site if i so request it. The only reason anyone would disagree is because they are just trying to be a dick about it. Remember i was not being a dick until someone had to come along and flex that let's school the newb attitude.

Comment

My budget is buying something used that will work for the application. The 2 ohm stable bridged to 4 ohms was another option i had found searching a little bit ago, as well as the class h power amps which produce the same power at 4 or 8 ohms, those are rather expensive though. My system isn't super high end, so buying a 600 dollar amp is not an option. The 2 ohm stable or, 2 smaller amp's bridged seem like probably what i will end up with. I am on a budget, so a lot of my stuff is used stuff that i happen to come across other than my mixer and rack case. So based on what i have bought and some of the prices on used stuff on guitarcenter, and other places probably 100-200 is where i would be at for a used one. Remember, i am a guy getting back into this after not gigging for 10 yrs, so i just need something to add some low end to my setup that i have, not a super high end setup. I can always upgrade down the road if you know what i mean. I am not looking to buy like berhinger or anything cheap like that, i'd love another alto if they were 2 ohm stable as those put out good clean power. Gc has a lot of used brand name's that aren't trash for real good prices, but have no specs on any of it, so that is why i made the post hoping someone had come across something like this in the past, or had something currently like that and could tell me the model number and i could wait until one popped up, instead of going thru all the stuff on their site and emailing different stores to get me specs on what they have.
                                This right here was YOUR whole problem.. You made your question SO broad you want someone to tell you what to buy so You don't have to look up any specs. The thing is on the used markets theres no telling what will or won't be there and everyone situation is not the same. Your question was not as finally tuned as you want to believe it was.
                                All I can say is browbeating everyone because everyone is not on the same page will only result in repercussions. Cool it off stop whining an get back on topic.
                                You have been warned.
                                nosaj

Comment

Working...
                                X