No announcement yet.

can I use this OT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still worried about the OT. It's very small physically. The primary winding measures 517 ohms and the secondary .5 ohms. Here is a picture of it with a nickel laying on top.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	rcaot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	854042
    We've already established that the PT is less than ideal. Maybe I should leave the radio unmolested?
    Vote like your future depends on it.

Comment

Originally posted by dmartn149 View Post
      Still worried about the OT. It's very small physically. The primary winding measures 517 ohms and the secondary .5 ohms. Here is a picture of it with a nickel laying on top.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]53988[/ATTACH]
      We've already established that the PT is less than ideal. Maybe I should leave the radio unmolested?
      The amp I built from the old phonograph parts had an OT about that size. It worked great.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
        The amp I built from the old phonograph parts had an OT about that size. It worked great.
        It's just a little smaller than the one in my amp built from an old recorder. That one sounds great, but it's more like a Champ. I was hoping to build something a bit like a Deluxe.

Comment

The power output of the amp will be mostly determined by the limitations of the power transformer. If you are using the same PT that was in use with that OT, you should be fine.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Ok, good to go then. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X