Bassman build finally completed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
    You set it according to your mood. The lo mode sounds better for minor chords.
    Wait, it's a mode switch or a mood switch?
    Consult your mood ring for best results.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

"And the switch can be re-purposed, so no parts to buy!"

Actually the ground switch was a SPDT, I needed a DPDT for the pentode/triode switch, but I had a bunch on hand so the end result is the same.

And I will post some audio of it, I just don't know when that will be. I can no longer play.
      It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
        I can no longer play.
        Whoa. Sorry to hear that. Care to elaborate?
        If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
        If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
        We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
        MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

"And the switch can be re-purposed, so no parts to buy!"

Actually the ground switch was a SPDT, I needed a DPDT for the pentode/triode switch, but I had a bunch on hand so the end result is the same.

And I will post some audio of it, I just don't know when that will be. I can no longer play.
          I hope that's an exaggeration and what you mean mean is that you can no longer play as well as you'd like if you're going to show it to other musicians. Because I empathize with that entirely. But I hope, as esher clearly does, that you haven't been maimed in some way that prevents you from playing at all.?.
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

My left hand is toast. I played professionally since about 20 years old. Now I can barely make a few chords to test out an amp. I have a contracture syndrome in the fascia that impedes and mis-routes my tendons, and doesn't allow me fully open my hand. I also have a real bad arthritis in my wrist that doesn't allow me to bend it much, and it hurts quite a bit. Also, I was attacked by a pit bull a while back which caused some nerve damage in that thumb, which makes it dumber than it was and sometimes move on it's own. Someday, I fear I will not be dexterous enough to use tools, but I will jump off that bridge when I come to it.

Comment

"Edit: question! Is that the original spec OT? Is there any indication it came with a different one? It looks huge compared to the PT. Reason I ask is, mine is the same way. I looked into the Fender part numbers & found out mine crosses to a Twin Reverb OT; I then found a couple of the mounting holes on mine are off a fraction of an inch. Sure enough, I've got a matching loose TR OT at home with the same Fender part number. If so, that might also explain some of rhat bark."

Justin, the no. is 022871, believe it is a stock Bassman OT.

Comment

My left hand is toast. I played professionally since about 20 years old. Now I can barely make a few chords to test out an amp. I have a contracture syndrome in the fascia that impedes and mis-routes my tendons, and doesn't allow me fully open my hand. I also have a real bad arthritis in my wrist that doesn't allow me to bend it much, and it hurts quite a bit. Also, I was attacked by a pit bull a while back which caused some nerve damage in that thumb, which makes it dumber than it was and sometimes move on it's own. Someday, I fear I will not be dexterous enough to use tools, but I will jump off that bridge when I come to it.
                I can sympathize with tendon and arthritis trouble. Not to the degree you describe though. Also a couple of injuries and breaks here. Also some trouble manipulating tools in my day job due to pain and mobility issues. Really sorry to hear about it. But hey, we still have the creation of the tools used by players to have fun with for now The woods are lovely, dark and deep... But we don't get to be done until our destinies are fulfilled and we don't know what they are, so...
                "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Fantastic work Randall. Wish I had 10% of your skills.
                  The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Working...
                  X