Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old peavey pots needed.

Good morning Gents,

I have a peavey mark iii bass head that needs some replacement parts. You guys helped me out with some basic cap work (https://music-electronics-forum.com/...eavey+mark+iii) as this is my first foray into electronic repairs. Now I need to replace two pots.

The old pots, from peavey customer supports, are :
    1. 71190067 - 250K LIN SPIDE POT LG7001 for the high pots
    2. 71190048 - 50K LIN SPIDER POT LONG, pyramid pot

I ordered from a supplier what he said were the exact replacement parts but the shaft was too short lengthwise and not the same diameter. Peavey said they do not have replacements for these.

If these are irreplaceable pots how do i go about fixing? Do i mount other pots and run wires to the board? Schematics attached

Thanks for the help

- Steve
    Attached Files

Hi Steve....

Are these pots damaged beyond repair?

For old Peavey and Acoustic Control Pots, I have disassembled and cleaned them up so they could be reused.

Here are two videos on the topic.

Potentiometers - How They Work, Disassembly and Exploration

Cleaning the potentiometers

You can use DeoxIT and a Q tip on the carbon ring. I would then use a lubricant (DeoxIT F5 or equivalent) before you seal them up.

Tom

Comment

Agree and add: maybe you can get a "normal" pot with proper size and shaft, and instead of plain wires, you use brass wire to replace the long legs, so replacement keeps reasonably holding the PCB.
      I guess the 4th leg is just "mechanical" , not connected, so you may slightly grind pot body and solder it there.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Pictures? I have a few junked Peaveys here.

Comment

Working...
        X