Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mic Mute Pedal - Phantom Power and LED

Hi,
    I built a Mic Mute pedal for Condenser microphones, and I used this circuit:

It works great, there's no pops or clicks when switching.

But as I use it in live sound on a stage I would like to have 2 LEDs, one red to indicate MUTE position and a Green one to indicate ON. I would like to draw power for the LEDs using the phantom power supply so that no battery or external supply is needed.

Whats are your advices on how to add the LEDs supplied by the Phantom Power without introducing Pops/Clicks when switching
    the ON and OFF/MUTE?

Thank you so much for your help

As far as I can see, I can only find one product in the Market that does this, it's the Orchid Electronics Mic Mute:

http://orchid-electronics.co.uk/Mic_Mute_lite.htm

All the other options seem to use a battery or external supply for the LED
    Last edited by ilcaccillo; 06-17-2019, 06:45 PM.

Comment

The Deep Blue does Not need a 9 Vdc battery.
      That is stated in the Operation.
      It is utilizing the Phantom voltage on Pin 2.

You need a double pole switch as shown to use the leds in your circuit.
      Wire it as the Deep Blue is.

Comment

Please check it again,
        The Deep Blue circuit uses a battery to power the LED,
        the LED or the battery are not needed for the Mute action, thats what stated and it's visible in the diagrams.

The LED needs the battery to work and uses it's own part of the 3PDT switch shown, it has no connection with the phantom power and audio circuit

thanks
        Last edited by ilcaccillo; 06-17-2019, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Sorry.
          I missed that.

Comment

Wondering about the anti-parallel 470ĩ E-caps in the Deep Blue. Doesn't seem to make sense. For a non-polarized cap they would need to be in anti-series (requiring 4 times the capacitance per cap).
            Last edited by Helmholtz; 06-17-2019, 03:36 PM.
            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by ilcaccillo View Post
              As far as I can see, I can only find one product in the Market that does this, it's the Orchid Electronics Mic Mute:

http://orchid-electronics.co.uk/Mic_Mute_lite.htm

All the other options seem to use a battery or external supply for the LED
              Why has this been edited?

Where is the link to the Deep Blue?

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                Why has this been edited?
                Because it's not relevant for what I'm trying to build and the advice I asked for which is to power the LEDs from the phantom power supply.

If anyone has any advice on how to add LEDs supplied by the Phantom Power without introducing Pops/Clicks when switching from Live and Mute please let me know.

Thank you so much

Comment

Hello,
                  I made a drawing of something to try out, could the LEDs be implemented this way?
                  What do you guys think?

thank you so much

Comment

This is the circuit that was suggested to me, I will build this in the next days to try out:

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ilcaccillo View Post
                      Because it's not relevant for what I'm trying to build and the advice I asked for which is to power the LEDs from the phantom power supply.
                      Please repost it anyway, it may help others who have a problem with the regular Blue.
                      Thanks.

EDIT:
                      remember phantom voltage source has internal 6k8 series resistors, so first one would halve whateverīs available , which lately is not 48V any more but often 24V and sometimes even meager 15V .... so no likey.

The second one is better.

In principle, aim at 1mA draw from both lines, so 0.5 mA each ... do the Math.

As being discussed in other threads, itīs enough (specially in a darkened stage) if proper high mCd Leds are used.
                      Last edited by J M Fahey; 07-06-2019, 01:38 PM.
                      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                      X