No announcement yet.

Garnet Herzog questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are going to the trouble of building one of these.. I would strongly suggest you find a Champ or a VJ or some little 5 watter and simply put a voltage divider on the speaker out and try it. That’s virtually what these are. They are a real one trick pony and difficult to use.. which is why you don’t see them used much btw. I guess you could build a champ with a switch to convert it to this mode? Or you could get a VJ head from CL for $80 and convert it.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall;532585
      [/B
      That's not the way I read it. I see a direct connection to the input/output junction in bypass mode to the 150K. Correct me.
      The top post schematic has a DPDT switch. Here is how the signal is connected and bypassed:

Connected: Click image for larger version

Name:	Connected.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	854110 Bypassed: Click image for larger version

Name:	Bypassed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	854111

The circuit input and output are not connected at all in the bypassed state.

Comment

Originally posted by mhuss View Post
        The top post schematic has a DPDT switch. Here is how the signal is connected and bypassed:

Connected: [ATTACH=CONFIG]54078[/ATTACH] Bypassed: [ATTACH=CONFIG]54079[/ATTACH]

The circuit input and output are not connected at all in the bypassed state.
        The top post links to a thread on another forum. That thread has a couple different Herzog schematics. Randall mentioned the one with the int. and ext. fuse, so I posted that schematic in post #5.
        As far as I know, that is the one being discussed.
        Perhaps Randall can clarify.

Here it is again:

Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
        X