Need Schem for Teisco Checkmate-15 tube amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Schem for Teisco Checkmate-15 tube amp

Need Schem for Teisco Checkmate-15 tube amp, ...anybody?
    -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

How close are the 18 and 20 on SChematic Heaven?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Dunno how close, I got a Checkmate-20 schem (not from Schem Heaven) but I don't have the unit on the bench yet to see.

I'm trying to do some preliminary research before the unit arrives, I've never seen one of these amps before.
      -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

I draw my own all the time. A simple amp like this shouldn't take more than 20-30 minutes. Especially if it is similar to the others. Then you can rough the drawing out beforehand.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yes, I do too.

My request was not of despiration, it's just that I've learned over the years that every single thing that comes across my bench needn't be a throw-down challenge.

I often try to minimize my time by gathering data/info/schems of units I work on. I have a long list and it doesn't seem to get any shorter.

Thanks for your input though,

-Brad
          -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

I understand. I have been slowly uploading my collected stuff to LArry at Schematic heaven, and elsewhere as seems appropriate. The Schematic Heaven site and Aspen Pitmann's disc are a good start to a collection. Somewhere I have an old Sams book which includes a lot of old odd amps.

Comment

Yeah archiving schems is a great thing, good'on'ya.

Speaking of SAMS, they used to have these things called Sams Photofacts which were like info packets on a series or Radios or TV's.

When I was a teenager just learning about electronics an old guy I knew who retired from his own old radio shop gave me his entire set of Sams Photofacts, it was like 6 big 'ol boxes of 'em literally hundreds, with all kinds of tube based appliances.

Well this was back in the late 60's/early 70's when everything was going to solid state and except for guitar amps and old Bogen PA's (which were not in the photofact set's) well I never ran into anything to use them for, everybody was ditching their tube stuff and buying solid state stuff... so I tossed them out... boy was that a bad move, I've regretted it ever since the late 80's when tube stuff started being popular again, specially the tube HiFi market.

Sheesh! live-n-learn I guess.

-Brad
              -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Threw out a Photofact collection? Go sit in the corner. I still have service manuals for littel Perpetuum Ebner phonograph players. And I cannot make myself heave the old GE stereo record player manuals.

A friend brought over a little three tube record player amp that we messed with. I don't know what it was, but a schematic for it now resides in my files.

Comment

Just to follow up on this, it turns out the Checkmate-15 and Checkmate-20 are close enough to use the same schem-o.

I located the Checkmate-20 schematic on the internet and when the Checkmate-15 amp came across my bench I checked it against that schem-o, only a couple of very minor differences, like the voltage-doubler circuit (.002 caps across the diodes) and a different voltage on the plate's (320vdc).

The Teisco was a very well built amp I must say, never seen one before this and I was impressed with most of it (except the cheasy voltage-doubler power supply like Danelectro/Silvertone) it used PiO caps in the audio path and all wirewound resistors.
                  -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Working...
                  X