Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optoisolator (tremolo bug) orientation

Hi all,

I've got to put in an optoisolator (tremolo bug) in a Fender amp with tremolo today but I forgot the orientation of the 4 leads. The amp came in with old (bad) one already removed, so I can't just copy it.

The one I have as a replacement has 2x brass/copper leads and 2x silver leads. Can't remember if the copper leads are closest to the pots and the silver leads are closest to the tubes or vice-versa.

The LDR seems to be on the silver leads. Of course, I've got a document re: tremolo issues (Fender Service Bulletin), which I've temporarily misplaced.

Thanks for your help,

Bob M.
    Last edited by Bob M.; 06-19-2019, 04:36 PM. Reason: clarity

Originally posted by Bob M. View Post
    Hi all,

I've got to put in an optoisolator (tremolo bug) in a Fender amp with tremolo today but I forgot the orientation of the 4 leads. It came in with old (bad) one already removed, so I can't just copy it.

The one I have as a replacement has 2x brass/copper leads and 2x silver leads. Can't remember if the copper leads are closest to the pots and the silver leads are closest to the tubes or vice-versa.

The LDR seems to be on the silver leads. Of course, I've got a document re: tremolo issues (Fender Service Bulletin), which I've temporarily misplaced.

Thanks for your help,

Bob M.
    I thought I had a full photo on this Deluxe Reverb where I had tweaked the leads for V5 for minimum ticking. It's the stock Fender 'bug', and the copper leads are nearest the tube wires, putting the silver wires nearest the controls.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Deluxe Reverb V5B Lead Dress after nulling Ticking Noise-1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	274.3 KB
ID:	854083

I thought I had some other images, but none were close-ups of the Tremolo bug. On the Parts Placement diagram of a Twin Reverb, the LAMP is on the tube side, and the LDR is on the controls side.
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Hi nevetslab,

Thanks very much for your timely help. I have some tremolo info that I misplaced so it was great to get your quick response so I could get on with fixing the amp's tremolo.

Regards,

Bob M.

Comment

Working...
      X