Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything is better with a tube in it! Lol!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything is better with a tube in it! Lol!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F273856962677

Now WHY didn't one of us come up with this thing??!!!! Love it!
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Good use for "past-useful-life" tubes...except those with "open" filaments (ha,ha)!
      Last edited by Old Tele man; 06-20-2019, 10:33 PM.
      ...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"

Comment

Originally posted by Old Tele man View Post
        Good use for "past-useful-life" tubes...except those with "open" filaments (ha,ha)!
        I’m not sure the filament is even used. It seems to have an ultra bright LED. A great use of your rejects!

Comment

Just gpnna buy me a few of them thar 117V Filament tubers & rubn with it...

Jusrin
          "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
          "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
          "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Saw this the other day. "Uses real amp materials". I think I like the tube night light better.
            https://www.infoyour.com/4-v2-0--plu...and-guitar-key
            When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

I'm more inclined to buy a beat Fender head shell to put my beers on, honestly... Because Fenders don't have top vents.

Justin
              "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
              "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
              "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
                I'm more inclined to buy a beat Fender head shell to put my beers on, honestly... Because Fenders don't have top vents.

Justin
                Marshall fit better:

Click image for larger version

Name:	marshall-fridge-640x533.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	854098
                Last edited by catalin gramada; 06-21-2019, 11:46 AM.
                "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you are measuring the wrong things."

Comment

I like the night light and the key hanger There are some cool DIY lamps on *oogle images too. I'm going to hold out for a Nixie clock though. Back burner project for sure.
                  "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                  You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Many years ago in the early days of digital clocks I saw a single panel comic in some magazine where a bedside clock read out in words: "THE BIG HAND IS ON THE TWELVE AND THE LITTLE HAND IS ON THE FIVE"
                    I'd love to build one if I could find enough alphanumeric nixie tubes.

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...1&d=1561132855
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dmeek View Post
                      Many years ago in the early days of digital clocks I saw a single panel comic in some magazine where a bedside clock read out in words: "THE BIG HAND IS ON THE TWELVE AND THE LITTLE HAND IS ON THE FIVE"
                      I'd love to build one if I could find enough alphanumeric nixie tubes.

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...1&d=1561132855
                      I didn't even know they ever made a fully alphanumeric nixie. Some of the more rare nixie tubes are getting hard to come by and because they're popular for "nerd craft" the rare ones can be expensive.
                      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

They have a Gibson version.. haven’t seen a Marshall...

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
                          I’m not sure the filament is even used. It seems to have an ultra bright LED. A great use of your rejects!
                          Yep. It says right in the description "12AX7 Style AMBER Vacuum Tube LED Night Light Handmade with Fender Guitar Decal".
                          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
                            They have a Gibson version.. haven’t seen a Marshall...
                            Be careful making sure the Gibson night light is authentic or they might come after you!!
                            When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

I have to wonder if they are licensed to use the Fender logo?
                              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
                              X