No announcement yet.

SWR Spellbinder Blue Power Amp Schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

700 or 750 degrees F is the common solder iron temperature for most of the soldering on circuit boards.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I acquired another one of these amps. It was sold as non-working with an unknown issue. I really like these amps as I'm a bass player, they sound great, and are very light. I got it at a great price. It arrived today and upon initial inspection it has the exact same issues that my posts above covered. The scenario is Q6 is bad, D7 is bad closed both ways, and D6 is suspect on the Ancillary Power Supply board. On the ICE board, both Fuses (F100/101) 250V/400mA are blown (which feed power to the Ancillary Power Supply board). Seems to be a pretty common failure matrix for the original poster, and my middle posts. The schematics are at post #20. Does it all start with the failure of Q6 to D7 failing which blows the fuses F100/101?

Comment

Successful repair on this second amp. Q7 and D7 go bad on the ancillary power board which blows the fuses F100/F101 on the ICEpower board. D6 checks OK pulled out of circuit. So if you get one of these amps for repair, check the components noted above first.

Comment

Working...
        X