Kustom Hustler Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kustom Hustler Combo

Goo afternoon.....By some chance does anybody have any info on the foot switch assy for this unit??? it takes a stereo jack and i thought you could just short the tip and/or the ring to get the effects checked out........however, no go....the schematic shows bulbs in the foot switch ckt.....anybody have a pic of the switch assy??? maybe this unit is ok and maybe not.....thanks very much to whoever replies.....
    Cheers

Originally posted by bsco View Post
    Goo afternoon.....By some chance does anybody have any info on the foot switch assy for this unit??? it takes a stereo jack and i thought you could just short the tip and/or the ring to get the effects checked out........however, no go....the schematic shows bulbs in the foot switch ckt.....anybody have a pic of the switch assy??? maybe this unit is ok and maybe not.....thanks very much to whoever replies.....
    Cheers
    What schematic are you using?

nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

I almost bought a Kustom Hustler back in the day.... There is an Hustler Amp on Reverb.com. It has a photo of the original footswitch. One button for Reverb, One button for the Tremolo. No bulbs. I believe it should be a simple shorting switch.

Schematic can be found here - http://www.vintagekustom.com/literat...h/AmpList.html
      Last edited by TomCarlos; 06-25-2019, 12:22 AM. Reason: added link to schematic

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post

nosaj

Something I found on the net..I have the board schematics....the customer doesn't have the foot switch... if it is a simple shorting jack on the rear of the amp for the footswitch, then I have problems with the effects board....
        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TomCarlos View Post
          I almost bought a Kustom Hustler back in the day.... There is an Hustler Amp on Reverb.com. It has a photo of the original footswitch. One button for Reverb, One button for the Tremolo. No bulbs. I believe it should be a simple shorting switch.

Schematic can be found here - http://www.vintagekustom.com/literat...h/AmpList.html
          Got it Tom...if the switch assy is simply made up of two simple on/off switches, then I have issues with the effects board....the switch assy schematic I had seen shows bulbs and resistors internal...so that is why I had posted here.....looks like I have issues with the effects board...
          Cheers

Comment

Actual **bulbs**?
            Not LEDs?

And why mention a schematic and not post it here?

Yet we are supposed to answer something useful?

It beats me.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Kustom did have some footswitches with backlit FX names that were illuminated with #335 lamps. If it had this style of switch, the plug was usually a multi-pin xlr not just a tip-ring jack.

In any case, the FX in this era Kustom were designed to normally be on and turned off with the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                Actual **bulbs**?
                Not LEDs?

It beats me.
                Sorry about that J.M.

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                  Actual **bulbs**?
                  Not LEDs?

It beats me.
                  another reply from me....the schematic for the board number, PC5068 is listed on the Vintage Kustom site.....no download allowed, no printing allowed....so....unless I sit down and draw out the schematic from the computer screen I have no way to post the schematic for you.....sorry.....in post #5 there is a link to that schematic but I can't figure out how to put a link here......and to be quite honest, I don't think you can post links to individual schematics from that site.....

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
                    Kustom did have some footswitches with backlit FX names that were illuminated with #335 lamps. If it had this style of switch, the plug was usually a multi-pin xlr not just a tip-ring jack.
                    https://music-electronics-forum.com/...reply&p=532860
                    In any case, the FX in this era Kustom were designed to normally be on and turned off with the switch.
                    Thank you sir...I did not know that.....so I don't need the switch to have the VIB/TREM active.......and the rear of the amp does take the tip/ring/sleeve connector.....not the XLR....Thanks very much...
                    Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post

nosaj
                      PC5068......

Comment

Originally posted by bsco View Post
                        Thank you sir...I did not know that.....so I don't need the switch to have the VIB/TREM active.......and the rear of the amp does take the tip/ring/sleeve connector.....not the XLR....Thanks very much...
                        Cheers
                        52Bill.....I have the reverb working....and you are correct...it works without the pedal....now to figure out why the Trem/Vib is not working.....it is getting power......I checked for bad connections but they all look very good once I cleaned up the board....it was full of old flux.....now everything is nice and clean........
                        Cheers

Comment

Here is the PC5068

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...1&d=1561495844
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dmeek View Post
                            Ok. Thank you for posting that sir,......the copy I had found could not be downloaded....or should I say, I couldn't get it to download...and on the site it states that the files can not be printed.....so I couldn't post it....I can only look at it on the computer screen....Now I can get a paper copy on 11X17.....Thank you very much........it is much appreciated.....
                            Cheers
                            Ahhh. I spoke too soon.....that is the one that I have...can't be printed or saved and then printed......But thank you very much for trying.....I think that all of these Kustom files are that...... anyway, I have the reverb working.......now I have to see if I can get the Trem
                            Vib sections working...the owner said he wasn't concerned but I would like to try anyway......
                            Cheers

Comment

The zip file contains the images from that site that I saved by screen capture. They are a bit fuzzy but I don't see why you can't print them.
                              I have another, better copy of the schematic only:

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...1&d=1561505144
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X