• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for schematic for Fender Bantam AB763

V1 is a EF86

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...39&oe=5DBBAA3B

Comment

I could be wrong, but I know of no such thing (with EF86). It's been modified as the tube chart says, and possibly the EF86 is part of the modification. I've never seen such a thing stock, but maybe someone else has.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Funny how they throw around that 'AB763' moniker.

EF86 tubes can be temperamental in a combo amp.
        They go micro phonic easily.

Try to cut & paste the Vox 15 EF86 front end on to the 12AX7 schematic.

Fender_bantam_bass_cfa7003.pdf
        AC 15.pdf

Comment

I'm just curious. Are there really only 3 preamp tubes (or 2 and the PI) like the tube chart shows? If so, I'm not sure why anyone would mod for a single pentode instead of a dual triode. Seems silly. Is it modded for a single channel amp and the tubes are cascaded? Is there evidence an extra socket was added? So many questions. I wonder if the tube chart is even original. Maybe a pic would help?
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

No way that tube chart is original.

But would also like to say, an EF86 into an LTPI can sound quite good (& gnarly) if you bypass or dumb-down the tone stack & go for lots of gain... But yeah, I abandoned them because PITA tubes.

Justin
            "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
            "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
            "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by clintronics View Post
              V1 is a EF86
              If you do not represent too much effort, photo in detail preamp layout (part where the input tubes are)
              It's All Over Now

Comment

For each case, upload a photo in detail from the preamp layout, so be sure of about what is being done.
                It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                  Funny how they throw around that 'AB763' moniker.

EF86 tubes can be temperamental in a combo amp.
                  They go micro phonic easily.

Try to cut & paste the Vox 15 EF86 front end on to the 12AX7 schematic.

[ATTACH]54090[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]54091[/ATTACH]
                  You nailed it, Thats exactly what the owner did. Sounds pretty good too.

Comment

Working...
                  X