Thread: unity-gain single-pot fx-loop level control

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

unity-gain single-pot fx-loop level control

Hello,
    this link is to the old ADA MP-1 send-return section: http://adadepot.com/mods/ada_mp1b/ADAMP1jck.jpg
    I'm intrested to built an FX send-return box to best match levels between amp/preamp and digital FX.

I'm not sure to understand completely this circuit: from the ADA manual I know it's unity gain but the real basig gain should be 1.5 (send) and 2 (return) - variable under pots control, of course.
    Another issue: the resistors R10-R9, R14-R7 have not the same values...so I need some help to define the numbers to cutomize at best the circuit.

Thanks!
    m.p.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 542/4
    Given: 288/0
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco Pancaldi View Post
    I'm not sure to understand completely this circuit: from the ADA manual I know it's unity gain but the real basig gain should be 1.5 (send) and 2 (return) - variable under pots control, of course.
    Another issue: the resistors R10-R9, R14-R7 have not the same values...so I need some help to define the numbers to cutomize at best the circuit.
    The dual gang pot P2 adjusts the signal level of the effects loop but the loop is unity gain send to receive because as the gain of the send amp is increased the gain of the receive amp is reduced.

U9 pins 5,6,7 is the send amp. U9 pins 1,2,3 is the receive amp. With P2 fully CCW the gain of the send amp is 1/10.2 and the gain of the receive amp is 10.2. With P2 fully CW the gain of the send amp is 5.3 and the gain of the receive amp is 1/5.3

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks Dave. If not too complex, can you explain how the gain is calculated? I guess values of resistors R10-R9, R14-R7 can be tweaked for optimization...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
    The dual gang pot P2 adjusts the signal level of the effects loop but the loop is unity gain send to receive because as the gain of the send amp is increased the gain of the receive amp is reduced.

U9 pins 5,6,7 is the send amp. U9 pins 1,2,3 is the receive amp. With P2 fully CCW the gain of the send amp is 1/10.2 and the gain of the receive amp is 10.2. With P2 fully CW the gain of the send amp is 5.3 and the gain of the receive amp is 1/5.3

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thread Information