Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender Silverface Musicmaster Bass w/no Mains Fuse?? Install one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, that's the one I feel like was kind of cobbled/photoshopped together. The tranny chart & "notes" table seem lifted right off an actual Fender schematic, but the circuit drawing looks like they were taking inspiration from an early-50s tweed schematic for style. So I would like to theorize that maybe it had one of the "solid wire to" fuses G1 mentioned, yet whoever drew the schematic from the amp they were working from didn't know what they were looking at?

By the time the MMB showed up, I know they were sloppy in their workmanship, but the engineering dept. seemed to have their documentation in consistent order...

Anyway, glad one of these little beasts is safe to play again!

Justin
    "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
    "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Many of the cheap little old amps didn't have fuses, so I always install one.

Comment

Working...
      X