Orange stroke 4 300 for guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange stroke 4 300 for guitar?

I found a GR8 deal semi-locally (a 100+ mile drive) on a stroke 4 and the owner has no idea how it sounds for guitar, other than to echo what I already read on the web about using it with bass, that is the EQ section is a dream, and there's power out the wazoo.

I have external rack mounted reverb, (with 2U open in the cabinet) have no need for any sort of distortion and I am needing a rack head for mobility. Has anyone here used the stroke 4 with a 6 string?

Overall even at a decent price, it's still more pricey than a Quilter Overdrive 200 but the EQ section of the OD200 (used for used) is not as rich and the stroke 4 may be a step up tonally albeit it's being a lot (A/B) heavier :-)
    Last edited by gnappi; 07-03-2019, 01:24 PM.

Originally posted by gnappi View Post
    I found a GR8 deal semi-locally (a 100+ mile drive) on a stroke 4 and the owner has no idea how it sounds for guitar, other than to echo what I already read on the web about using it with bass, that is the EQ section is a dream, and there's power out the wazoo.

I have external rack mounted reverb, (with 2U open in the cabinet) have no need for any sort of distortion and I am needing a rack head for mobility. Has anyone here used the stroke 4 with a 6 string?

Overall even at a decent price, it's still more pricey than a Quilter Overdrive 200 but the EQ section of the OD200 (used for used) is not as rich and the stroke 4 may be a step up tonally albeit it's being a lot (A/B) heavier :-)
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news .. Your best bet if going to be take a guitar and your cab an go check it out.

nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
      Hate to be the bearer of bad news .. Your best bet if going to be take a guitar and your cab an go check it out.

nosaj
      That's not bad news :-) It's well understood... but I'm not able to see it in person for a while, so I had hoped that a few git players have tried it and found that the bass players were on target before taking that amount of effort to see it.

Comment

more pricey than a Quilter Overdrive 200
        Then forget it.
        You are paying more for extra 100W which you will never use anyway and itīs NOT a Guitar amp.

Fancy EQ is worthless if you have to tweak it a lot to get what Quilter (or any guitar amp) does flat.
        And then whatīs left to tweak that "guitar sound" you laboriously found?

Now if you were getting it for $50 ... well, maybe .

And even so .........

I wanted to hang some pictures on the wall, instead of a $20 hanmmer I bought a set of 6 screwdrivers for $30.
        Way more possibilities, but I have already broken 3 by grabbing them by the tip and using plastic handles as hammers.
        And it takes 25 whacks instead of 3 or 4.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
          Then forget it.
          You are paying more for extra 100W which you will never use anyway and itīs NOT a Guitar amp.

Fancy EQ is worthless if you have to tweak it a lot to get what Quilter (or any guitar amp) does flat.
          And then whatīs left to tweak that "guitar sound" you laboriously found?

Now if you were getting it for $50 ... well, maybe .

And even so .........

I wanted to hang some pictures on the wall, instead of a $20 hanmmer I bought a set of 6 screwdrivers for $30.
          Way more possibilities, but I have already broken 3 by grabbing them by the tip and using plastic handles as hammers.
          And it takes 25 whacks instead of 3 or 4.
          No no no no Juan,,,, those are throwing darts you get 6 so if you miss the varmit the first time
          nosaj
          soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Working...
          X