Is there a footswitch like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a footswitch like this?

I need a momentary normally open footswitch. It can be minimal as far as contacts, SPST is fine. But theres one feature i need and i'm not sure theres anything out there like this. When you hit a momentary switch they typically make contact as long as you are holding the button down and do not open till you remove your foot from it. I need one that closes when you step on it but snaps back open even if you leave your foot on it. Anyone know of one like this, and if so can you link me to it? Thanks.

No, but a very basic one-shot controlled by your stomp switch will handle this.

Many if not most digital effects and such are edge triggered, meaning it is the falling voltage, not the end voltage that triggers the circuit.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      No, but a very basic one-shot controlled by your stomp switch will handle this.

Many if not most digital effects and such are edge triggered, meaning it is the falling voltage, not the end voltage that triggers the circuit.
      Problem is, this one switch when held for more then a second or 2 turns on the amp's tuner and kills the sound. In the throws of performance i at times leave my foot on it and can't always remember so i have my sound cut out on me.

Comment

The one-shot Enzo mentioned is an electronic circuit. You would need to built one, or buy a box that incorporates it, something like the Boss FS-5U or FS-6 might do it, you would need to check with them.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

That is what a one-shot does. You trigger it, it gives you one pulse, then you have to trigger it again to get any more from it.

A one shot is also called a mono-stable multivibrator. Very simple circuits.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well, thats not gonna happen so i guess i'll live with it.

Comment

Well, if you wonŽt build an "intelligent switch" youŽll have to do with an "intelligent owner" meaning you self train to quickly push and release that switch.

Like driving or most anything else, it quickly becomes second nature and you donŽt waste time thinking about it.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Look !!!! (link below) Once you told me about the one shot i had a name which allowed me to do a search for "mechanical one shot switch" and sure enough i found one ! I haven't looked any further but if theres one there must be others. I hope to find others because this one is too tall to use easily and would require a lot of physical work on the FS housing and board to make it fit and get around several other considerations. I'll do it if i must but first i'll look for others. I knew one of these had to exist but i had no way to really search for it w/o a name, so thanks for that. https://www.electronicsurplus.com/mi...nical-one-shot

Comment

That is a really old switch type.

There is a cam inside the switch enclosure that briefly actuates the microswitch contacts.

Comment

That's what I was kind of thinking about before. Some kind of lever or cam that actuates a momentary on the way through it's travel.
                    There must be some proper 'make/break' type nomenclature for this (overtravel) ?
                    Originally posted by Enzo
                    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                    X