Peavey XR600c mystery component

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey XR600c mystery component

Good afternoon. Working on an old Peavey XR600 for the second time. I have it working now but I'm not satisfied that I'vr found the real problem. I supplied the schematic I'm using because there is a component that burned that I can't identify. I found it on the PC board diagram way over to the right. It's just labeled "10" on the picture. Anyway it's burnt to a crisp along with another severe arc at the Channel 2 input area. Is it a resistor or maybe some kind of fuse thing?

Anyway I removed it. Then cleaned up the arc the 1n414 diodes for Ch 2.The whole thing correlates to the customer complaints. I guess 1st I need to see what "10" is then go from there.

I see I uploaded tan incomplete set of drawings. I add the right ones now.
    Attached Files

Peavey XR0600 Schematics complete

Here are the complete schematics
    Attached Files

Comment

It's a ten ohm resistor then links the local ground to the chassis.
      Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

That's what I kept thinking. But why would it just burn up like that?? The arc was between 2CR? and 2C4. I'll check the voltage on both sides or where the resister goes to make sure there is no voltage then. The original customer complaint was intermittent noises. sometimes a hiss. sometimes screeching. Add: I just measures for voltage. Nothing. It's playing now perfect without the 10 Ohm Res.

Comment

The usual reason is because someone connected an input to something they should not have. Where are "2CR?" and "2C4" on the schematic?

An "arc" would be very unusual. A burn scorch due to over current is more likely.
          Last edited by nickb; 07-10-2019, 06:33 PM.
          Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

I took that to mean a blown trace?
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Yup. The overheated diode is at the channel 2 input

Comment

Working...
              X