Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvertone 1474 Tremolo question

Hey Everyone,

Much like my other thread, I have another amp that I'm going through and I have an issue where the tremolo is totally dead. This amp has been completely re-capped, except for one .5 600V Cap in the trem circuit. The 6AU6 tube is good. Do you think that it could be that .5 cap? Any other ideas on what I check out?

http://www.schematicheaven.com/barga...ertone1474.pdf

Thanks!!
    -Jason

Hey Guys,

Any ideas? Actaully could someone explain how the 6AU6 Trem circuit should work? I've measured voltages on the pins, etc, but I'm not sure if I'm getting what I am supposed to. I've checked online a bunch, and haven't been able to find much info.

Thanks!!
    -Jason

Comment

The tube is set up in a typical phase shift oscillator. If you have replaced the three .02 caps, check the related resistors for off values. If the oscillator is working, you should have a fluctuating voltage coming off of the plate thru the .1 uF cap, going to the intensity control. If it's not there, then check all of the oscilator parts. If it is there then check the wiring and everything else from the intensity control going to the output stage.

Comment

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the info, as soon as you said phase shift osci, I got it. In the end it turned out to be a cold solder joint on one of the cap's I replaced!!

However, I now understand this circuit much better and man it sounds way better then the LDR Fender tremolo!

-J

Comment

Working...
        X