Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Bandit 65 (Gen 1) vs Solo Series

I guess this is for the old timers :-)

Does anyone know what might be different between the original Peavey Bandit 65 and the later model, the Bandit 65 Solo Series?

I have a schematic (from Peavey, Revised 2/24/83) and know the Solo Series included a Ground switch on the front panel. Anything else that might be different from the original 1980 version?

I have a Gen 1 Bandit and debating if I try to repair it. It was brought to me with missing parts and other parts (transistors) inserted backwards!! Generally speaking, the board layout (on paper) looks similar to what I see on the Solo Series schematic. But I want to make sure I know if any part values have changed, etc.

Thanks, Tom
    Attached Files

ThereŽs at least 8 (if not 12) different versions of Peavey Bandit, some very similar, some drastically different.

Post whatever labels are stamped or etched in your board, that might help getting the *exact* model.

Write Peavey stating serial number, they may identify it and send proper schematic.

Absolute worst case, draw by hand what you have, with current values, upload it here and weŽll try to find "impossible" values and what "should" be there.

Hard work buy *maybe* 90% of it matches some published schematic, so hard part is only non matching values.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Thanks Juan....

You're right, there are many versions of the Bandit - A few versions of the 65, then the 75, then the 112, then the 112 Blue Stripe Teal, and the 112 Silver Stripe Transtube, the 112 Red Stripe Transtube, and who knows what they are calling the latest version!!

The schematic I posted for the Solo Series shows (in the upper right) board 990138. The board I have is the 990136. This would date back to 1980. I fired off an email to Peavey to see if they have it. If they do or if I find it, I will post it here for others to have.

Bandit History
      Last edited by TomCarlos; 07-15-2019, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X