Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accutronics 4EB2C1B Spring Reverb Tank Replacement

MEF Members -

My friend has a faulty Accutronics 4EB2C1B Spring Reverb Tank. This is the 2 spring, long tank. Input Resistance = 600 ohms, Output Resistance = 2250 ohms.

I have a MOD 8EB2C1B tank sitting idle. Input Resistance = 800 ohms, Output Resistance = 2575 ohms.

What say you, the MOD tank is close enough and should work without any issues?

Tom

What say you, the MOD tank is close enough and should work without any issues?
    Sure, values are close enough.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

I agree. Not to be a stickler, but that's impedance- not resistance.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Thanks Gents!!

Comment

I have had a number of the MOD 4EB2C1B & Mod 4AB3C1B tanks feed back, mounted in the reverb pouches in the Hot Rod series, as well as Deluxe & Twin Reverb amps where NOT having that problem with the Accutronics tanks. Not sure why that is.
          Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

I know that different cabs have different resonant points. Perhaps the MOD tanks need to be mounted so they are in more a floating mode. So that means some additional dampening like the cardboard mounted underneath before going into the reverb bag.

This is an interesting thread for reference on Reverb Tank Feedback - https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ad.php?t=19294

Comment

Working...
            X