Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ordered PING tuners directly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ordered PING tuners directly?

Hey everyone,
    I'm looking at using PING tuners in a design where I would need a decent quantity of them (say 50 sets of tuners at a time). Has anyone ever dealt with them directly and successfully ordered?

Looking at their PT119 model.. they are located in Taiwan:

http://www.ping-well.com/company.php

I see that GC is a distributor, if that invites confidence in their supply chain... I've never heard of them before now.
    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

In response to the original question, I've never dealt with them directly.

I have bought a couple of sets off the rack at the music store for low-budget repairs and they seemed decent quality.

I seemed to remember that the packaging mentioned Kaman (Ovation) and when I looked them up discovered that Kaman had been bought up by Fender and that Ping now make OEM tuners for some lower-end Fenders. I'd say they're about on par with Jin Ho (Korean) who make the Wilkinson tuners and various OEM's. Both look and feel like somewhat lesser-quality Gotoh copies, but much better than Chinese ebay stuff. There's an ebay store, bezdez, in Ontario who sell a lot of these type of parts (mostly Jin Ho I think) and might be worth talking to about large quantities.

Good luck

Andy

Comment

Working...
      X