Eurodesk SL3242FX-pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurodesk SL3242FX-pro

I was given a Eurodesk SL3242FX-pro main slider intermittant., a qsc rmx2450 low output, and a jbl jrx100 with a blown tweeter.

Blown tweeter easy peasy, the qsc rmx2450 pushing 240 watts into the jbl using the eurodesk mixer.

Took signal generator 1k 1.22vac(permanual for full output) will run both channels up to about 65vac so were looking about 528watts . So amp looks fine .

My question is how much output should I see from a mixing board, the spec page just gives me answers in +28dbu.
    What does this mean? And is this mixing desk capable of pushing the QSC?

Thanks,
    nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

I'd say any good mixer should be able to push a power amp to full output. Online calculator says 28dbu is in the 20Vrms ballpark.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
      I'd say any good mixer should be able to push a power amp to full output. Online calculator says 28dbu is in the 20Vrms ballpark.
      ok that gives me a voltage level I can look for. Since it's having intermittant issues withe the main level fader. I'm gonna look in that area.

Thanks,
      nosaj

Comment

Well the op amps run on +/-17v, so 20v out?

My experience with these is that MOST of the problems with signal outage are either the sliders themselves or the little assign push switches.

SOmetimes sliders are sprung and can be removed and repaired, and sometimes you have to replace.

And after a few mixers, I just made it standard to do down the rows of buttons and pop off the caps. (I use my combination pliers to grip the caps) And then I dribble some Deoxit down along each little button shaft. Push each switch a few times.

Lower down the list was the insert jacks.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Also the stereo Insert Jack's are like an FX loop and can kill or attenuate the signal if bad.

Comment

I had one of these SL3242FX that drove me bonkers.
            The Right channel would drop out.
            I could duplicate it by pushing gently on the front panel.

The Mute All Channels circuit was the cause of the problems.
            I reflowed that area of the PCB and the problem was gone.

Comment

Reflowed the cd inputout jacks after completely disassembling them to see how they were constructed. Cleaned all the Audio jacks, Will have some Fader lube tomorrow to clean the sliders.( Haven't ever bought any so now I'll have some on hand.

nosaj

Comment

Working...
              X