Marshall Lead 12 5005 combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Lead 12 5005 combo

I have this little beast with me and reading the schematics i see is really simple to mod.
    You may ask why to waste time and patience in a toy? i use it a lot at home, but in the studio i use my 100W 1959
    I see some points to mod, i want: more gain, raise a little the operation freq in the middle control, maybe remove some fizzy treble, and more....
    Some cap here some cap there, i have some ideas.
    What you think???
    Have you tried this amp? i love it don't say hard words about it!!!

Sorry the english isn't my native lenguage.

Saludos, Marcelo.

I have one of those little combos and I think it sounds great for what it is.

The first thing I did to mine was to change out the stock speaker. I put a Celestion G10S-50 in my amp, which is overkill but the amp does sound much better.

The stock speaker sucks. With a better sounding speaker the amp sounds fatter. The stock speaker sounds "tinny" and shrill which may contribute to the fuzzy treble you mentioned.

HTH,

steve

Originally posted by Prive View Post
    I have this little beast with me and reading the schematics i see is really simple to mod.
    You may ask why to waste time and patience in a toy? i use it a lot at home, but in the studio i use my 100W 1959
    I see some points to mod, i want: more gain, raise a little the operation freq in the middle control, maybe remove some fizzy treble, and more....
    Some cap here some cap there, i have some ideas.
    What you think???
    Have you tried this amp? i love it don't say hard words about it!!!

Sorry the english isn't my native lenguage.

Saludos, Marcelo.

Comment

Working...
    X