X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh sorry..

I tired that and surprisingly the noise still is there

Comment

Its quiet with IC1 not in the circuit but i can definately still hear it and grounding pin 14 doesnt effect it in any way

Comment

What about grounding pin 6 of CON1 or the junction of C17/C18. (with IC1 still removed)?

Comment

That doesn't do the trick either unfortunately :/

Comment

Originally posted by Davidnhs View Post
            Its not a normal buzz or hum eiter, it sounds like my amp is picking up some digital message or something.
            Every time you have described the sound it sounds like the amp is picking up some kind of external interference.
            Have you tried it at other locations? How have you determined the noise is not being picked up from the environment?
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

^^^^^^ That! Is your cell phone or a computer nearby? Any lighting with ballasts? As g1 suggests, try the amp in another location.
              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Reverb recovery circuits are pretty sensitive to noise, usually seen when the tray or cable on the red (recovery) side are open-circuit and then the recovery amplifier picks up any noise. There's a lot of digital hash around from wifi, phones, computers, etc. I was expecting to see the noise disappear by grounding the junction of C17/C18, though. Maybe as suggested, you're just picking up interference that just happens to be showing up in the reverb.

Comment

Working...
                X