Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound City 120

Hallo all,

I'm new on this forum. I need some help, please. Noise from V2. I changed 5 different tubes, no changes. Still sensitive on hitting the tube. Also i cant measure VDC at pin6 V2. When i touched turret after load resistor to measure i have loud bass noise.

Thanks
    Last edited by Vucinic; 08-03-2019, 05:24 AM. Reason: Add

"experts"

OK. I came up with conclusion. Of all of the "experts" at this kind of forums, actually no one know or understand activ tone stack of Sound City MKIV and everybody avoid to speak about or called the amp Sound Shity, or rebuild the preamp to DR103 or something easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Vucinic View Post
      OK. I came up with conclusion. Of all of the "experts" at this kind of forums, actually no one know or understand activ tone stack of Sound City MKIV and everybody avoid to speak about or called the amp Sound Shity, or rebuild the preamp to DR103 or something easier.
      Being snotty is surely not a way to invite discussion of a circuit. Provide a schematic for your amp.

nosaj
      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Vucinic View Post
        So, that's it?

If not, start with providing a schematic.
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

http://soundcitysite.com/sc_120_2.jpg

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190803_153337.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	854434
            My message got deleted, I could only screenshot it...

Comment

Sorry i dont know how to upload schematic, i try first time. It's model with 22R and 66R catode resistor on power tubes.

Comment

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...JDMWjPUOR4KC2z

Comment

I had one, sounded great once you learn to dial them in.

If you don't have voltage on v2 pin 6, check the plate resistor.
                  It could be open, or check the coupling cap.

Comment

Originally posted by frus View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]54546[/ATTACH]
                    My message got deleted, I could only screenshot it...

Those 1meg bandpass resistors are usually the cause of him and his from the preamp.

It's a pain but best to just replace them.

Comment

You mean with metal film resistors?

Comment

I have voltage, but if I try to measure with MM i have huge loud hum. And every tube i put there is sensitive on touch. I change the resistor and the coupling cap. When i measuring before the resistor, i have 274 VDC and little hum when i touch with MM. After resistor is.....

Comment

Ok, i will change them. Thanks

Comment

It's was a grounding of a filter caps. Preamp filter caps sheared same grounding point with PS filter cups. Thats not all of the hum but the most. I'm going to keep looking.

Comment

Working...
                            X