Jazz Chorus - mod to crunch circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazz Chorus - mod to crunch circuit

Should I bother? A friend just scored an olde Roland in trade and it works great. Perhaps a minor tweet to this discrete circuit is advisable or leave it stock and use a pedal.
    Attached Files

Just use an external pedal, any one you like.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

The older JC was never loved for it's distortion circuit. But Roland has some newer distortion circuits that I thought were very good. I don't know how similar the topology might be between the old and newer circuits, but if they're similar enough you might be able to change circuit values to be more like their newer, better sounding circuit rather than tweaking into unknown territory. Otherwise, if topology is too dissimilar I would probably just use a pedal.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

OK, just put it back together. The dirty channel is just rather bassy due to the 1uF cap there and the circuit kinda in parallel with itself anyways, Centaur like?!
        All the amp really needed was contact cleaner for the pots. It was rather impressive to look at, well built.

Thank you and good day...!

Comment

Working...
        X