Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender Twin Reverb 2012 (new) - blown 10A fuse / short - arc between plate and filament 6L6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post
    After all, all oldstyle Fender amps did not have a heating fuse.
    Exactly! Not only Fenders, but every brand there is / was. This a place where I replace the pesky randomly blowing fuse with a short length of stout wire.

Filament fuses are there, as far as I can tell, to satisfy the safety requirements of some countries/markets that demand every sub circuit has a fuse. In some cases, even the bias supply is fused. . Real treat, when that one packs up. Or corrodes to the point it won't conduct...
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Thanks for all the answers.
      I've read the other thread, cool stuff, the mod seems really interesting. I'm going to try with a normal 10A fuse. The amp will be giging all night long for 3 nigths straigth, so maybe I will keep some spares, or put a higher one.

Does somebody have the updated schematic?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
        I replace the pesky randomly blowing fuse with a short length of stout wire.
        Exactly so
        It's All Over Now

Comment

I don't think a normal 10A will be reliable there. They have specified T10A for a reason. As I said before, the turn on surge is much higher than the working current once the filaments are stabilized.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

It will probably blow right before the gig starts

Comment

'65 Twin Reverb Reissue with Rev. C ... G

Originally posted by spunko View Post
              Does somebody have the updated schematic?
              https://music-electronics-forum.com/showthread.php?t=44946&p=463959&viewfull=1#post463959
              Last edited by vintagekiki; 08-12-2019, 01:21 PM.
              It's All Over Now

Comment

Look in the last pages for that schematic (post #21) for the later revisions. G is on page 16.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I have installed a fast blow 20A which was the highest you can find here, and ordered a pack of 5 T10A.
                  Do you think the fast 20A fuse will last?
                  If not, I will put some heavy wire

Comment

Working...
                  X