Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverb tank connection location for Polytone Mini-Brute III/IV (newer model)??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb tank connection location for Polytone Mini-Brute III/IV (newer model)??

Hi all -- new member here -- as I had my Polytone open on the bench, the rear panel fell down and ripped the connections for the reverb tank off of the board.

The problem is I have no idea where they belong! I've done minor repairs but I'm far from an electronics expert and it's fairly labyrinthine on that PCB -- would anyone happen to have a photo of that PCB with its connections intact?

I'm having trouble reading the schematic :/

In case it makes a difference, it is the newer model with the sonic circuit.

Thanks so much in advance!

I can provide photos if needed.

Originally posted by abime View Post
    Hi all -- new member here -- as I had my Polytone open on the bench, the rear panel fell down and ripped the connections for the reverb tank off of the board.
    Welcome to the place.

Have both of the wires been pulled off of the board? Those new boards are pretty messy and as I remember them there are no terminal markings on any of the pc points.

Try and post a copy of the schematic here and a photo of the pc board. Somebody will be able to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
      Welcome to the place.
      Bill, thanks for the response -- after much scouring with a flashlight, it looks like it belongs on E15 and E16 as per this schematic: http://schems.com/bmampscom/polytone...I%20-%20IV.pdf

(There were some wire fragments in the solder points, it's not blind guessing )

Now I just need to find my soldering iron and find an itty-bitty tip for these tiny points.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X