X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Silverface Twin Master Volume pot with DPST pull switch

Need Silverface Twin Master Volume pot with DPST pull switch
    Can only find spst switch ones.
    Maybe somebody has a link or a NIB one or even a perfectly working "pull"?
    Thanks
    Last edited by J M Fahey; 08-11-2019, 07:18 PM.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

If you search the 'bay' for "Electric Potentiometer Switch Knob Control Pot Push Pull" you find suitable candidates based on 16mm pot. PC pins / lugs / differing threaded length are all there.

If they won't ship to you pm me, I think I have a few.
    Last edited by nickb; 08-12-2019, 06:17 AM.
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
      Need Silverface Twin Master Volume pot with DPST pull switch
      Can only find spdt switch ones.
      Maybe somebody has a link or a NIB one or even a perfectly working "pull"?
      Thanks
      Anything here you might like?
      https://amprepairparts.com/pots.htm
      nosaj
      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Thanks , close but not enough.
        Closest is:

but it carries the caveat:

POT - CTS, 3/8" BUSHING, WITH SPST PUSH-PULL SWITCH - VARIOUS VALUES
        24 mm carbon composition. 300° rotation. 1/2 watt, 500VDC rating. 1/4" diameter shaft, 3/8" bushing, solder lugs, with push-pull SPST (two terminal) switch. For hand-wired American made amplifiers such as vintage Fender® and others. Used on Fender® amps from the 1980s with control functions on some of the control pots, such as the Princeton Reverb and Concert. NOT a replacement for the master volume control in the 70s silverface amps, as the switch on those needs to be a DPDT. Available in A10K (Middle), C50K (Vibrato Intensity), B100K (Reverb Level), A250K (Bass or Treble), and A1M (Volume)

And these ones fit electrically, but no space between pot body and eyeletted PCB or Tube sockets for the "deep" DPDT switch they carry:

besides, they are modern 16mm; if possible I´d prefer classic 24 mm (nominal 1") and 9.5mm / 3/8" shaft , and solid to knurled.

That´s why I guess only full solution is an "original one" since they apparently were custom made for Fender.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I never found a replacement for that control when researching it in the past.

Comment

I’ve used one from Weber previously https://www.tedweber.com/wp105a-ppsw
            Had to file the switch body a bit to get it to fit behind the rake of the control panel, and the construction isn’t as strong as the cts ones, so not ideal.
            My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Thanks guys.
              The Weber one seems to be the closest one, he probably custom ordered a small batch,specifically for this use, but he´s out of stock.

That´s why I asked here, somebody might have an old one in his odd parts box, even a "pull" from some Silverface Twin after modding it to Blackface or something.

Ok, will keep searching.

Any news, you know who to call
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I will not discover the gunpowder with this but I consider that a post-pi master volume replacing the bias feed resistors works better than the original.

Comment

Fully agree and already suggested that , but I am dealing with ... a .... "customer" ... (pardon the French) so that´s not an option

In any case, he always uses it with everything on 10, with the switch pulled and driven by his active Eric Clapton Strat which includes a 25dB booster preamp, to get a hairy Bluesy sound he can´t get otherwise.
                  The actual distortion comes from overdriven power tubes and is VERY good, so he does not want to change *anything* from his successful sound for at least 25 years.

I feel obliged to comply.

Since the fly in the ointment is that d*mn DPST pull switch (plus the lack of space for it), absolute worst case I will get the spst one and use that switch to activate a relay which will do the actual dual switching.

It´s easy to see why I am not very excited by that "solution".

Oh well, will keep searching.
                  Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Would this work?

1M, solid shaft, DPDT switch.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FENDER-94-T...ss!19565!US!-1

or

https://www.ebay.com/p/Fender-P-n-00...d=372643283075

Click image for larger version

Name:	004-8928-999.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	854519

Comment

If his settings never change, maybe just hardwire it to the pulled ‘boost’ mode?
                      Or if that’s not acceptable, switch the boost mode with a rotary switch, eg in place of the trem speed control (which, if needed, could be moved, eg to the back panel)?
                      My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Juan, last year I got a pile of parts from a guy, including some of the switched pots, I'll check today if there is one like you need.

No luck! I have the sp only!
                        Last edited by Bill Moore; 08-12-2019, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                          Would this work?

1M, solid shaft, DPDT switch.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FENDER-94-T...ss!19565!US!-1

or

https://www.ebay.com/p/Fender-P-n-00...d=372643283075

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54676[/ATTACH]
                          Thanks, they have the modern one with the full DPDT switch attached behind, sadly not enough space for that.

I need the one shown on top of post #4 but with 4 contacts on the back (dpst) which must have been special order; the currently available one has 2 (spst)

If his settings never change, maybe just hardwire it to the pulled ‘boost’ mode?
                          I thought that, but he starts with knob depressed, and after half an hour playing get hotter, so he turns, pulls the knob, and goes on.
                          And by the end of the night he adds the boost provided by his Strat and all Hell gets loose
                          For good effect I´d say

last year I got a pile of parts from a guy, including some of the switched pots, I'll check today
                          Thanks for checking
                          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                            Thanks , close but not enough.
                            Closest is:

but it carries the caveat:

And these ones fit electrically, but no space between pot body and eyeletted PCB or Tube sockets for the "deep" DPDT switch they carry:

besides, they are modern 16mm; if possible I´d prefer classic 24 mm (nominal 1") and 9.5mm / 3/8" shaft , and solid to knurled.

That´s why I guess only full solution is an "original one" since they apparently were custom made for Fender.
                            I am thinking of the wrong model amp? Have a pic? Here's where I used one of these on Twin Reverb and there was plenty of room:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0100.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	854528
                            Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Thanks.
                              I know there are two "families" wih different pot spread, one has all evenly spaced, the other has the Master volume at a different distance, as if it were an afterthought.

Don´t remember which one is this, I´ll open it when he brings it back, IF there is space for the conventional DPDT "pushbutton type" switch, it will be good news
                              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                              X