ampeg 410hlf classic crossover bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
    Classic lamp all over the place was car type 12V 15/18W which is very common, but apparently caused annoying "nuisance blowing" with modern high power amps and slappers so they upgraded that spec...
    Maybe it's that style itself that's the nuisance... Maybe the amps were trying to tell "bassists" something... Geez, it'd be nice to walk into a music shop & not hear the bass section sound like a drunk rendition of the Seinfeld theme played through a couple Gorilla amps... Bass amps with HORNS... Now walk over to that 72 SVT with 2 vintage fridges, turn everything to 5, and play your best Stones riffs, dammit!

Okay, I'm out.

Jusrin
    "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
    "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

I'm with Just(r)in on this one. Blown bulb in a bass cab is like a memo from God.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I did call loud, they no longer carry anything ampeg, called ampeg, but it was after their hours, we'll see what they say when/if they reply to my message.
        The somewhat local place finally got back with me and quoted them at $7.29ea plus shipping, but I'm a cheapskate so I'm waiting to hear back from ampeg/yamaha/line6 haha

Comment

Originally posted by boog View Post
          I did call loud, they no longer carry anything ampeg,
          What I figured.

Anyway a phone call is cheap, so, why not?

I just didnīt want to create unlikely expectations.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

it was worth a shot, I've gotten lucky before back when I was working on cb's and ham radios, called a shop looking for a part and ended up buying the whole inventory the guy had, dirt cheap too because he was going out of business.
            The guy from loud was helpful, he gave me the number for ampeg, which is also listed on the ampeg site, not sure if I missed that before or if it's been updated since I looked, but it says yamaha in the contact info.

Comment

Working...
            X