ampeg 410hlf classic crossover bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ampeg 410hlf classic crossover bulbs

does anyone know of a US based source for these, 36v 54w bayonet bulbs used in ampeg crossovers, I know loud technology has them, but at near $40 and I imagine a long wait to get 2 of them to me from accross the pond, I'm looking for a cheaper quicker solution.

Wait, what? LOUD is in Europe, when did that happen? And I thought Ampeg was sold to Yamaha? I'm always the last to know.
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by boog View Post
      ......but at near $40 and I imagine a long wait to get 2 of them to me from accross the pond......
      Across the pond? Loud is a US company and your profile says Indiana?
      Last time I called Loud for these, I think it took less than a week and they were around 2 bucks a piece.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
        Wait, what? LOUD is in Europe, when did that happen?
        I wouldn't doubt LOUD has a presence in Europe. I was for a long time under the impression they were a multinational corporation perhaps based in eastern Asia. Not so. Apparently the formation of LOUD happened early 2000's at the time Mackie bought St. Louis Music (Ampeg + Crate). Like everything, LOUD company history is in Wikipedia. And Ampeg is now part of Yamaha. Nothing is like it was, the world's turning upside down. I read it on the interwebs so it must be true! Read up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LOUD_A...t._Louis_Music
        This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I appreciate pointing out my lack of knowledge on what company owns what brands, I did a search for the part number and the loud technology website that kept coming up was out of belgum, I guess the are just "Loud" here in the US after searching again, and I had no idea Yamaha owned the brand now, I've been out of audio equipment repair for several years, you'll have to forgive my ignorance.

Comment

Yes, the company head office may be anywhere, but since USA is *THE* Market, I am certain they will always have a beeg warehouse in there.

Which should stock parts and consumables such as bulbs.

IF they were unavailable I would look for *any* bulb with same electrical characteristics, meaning same voltage and power, *hopefully* same socket or mounting; if not would kludge some adapter.

But if you can easily find the original one, go for it.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I don't mind modifying it to use something else if I have to, I haven't done an extensive search or tried calling ampeg or anywhere else yet as I just found them blown yesterday after business hours, but internet searches haven't turned up much so far, me being out of doing repairs for so long I don't know where to look, who owns what, etc other than googling part numbers.

Comment

Part number won´t match but important parameters will

https://www.bulbtown.com/CE17_MINIAT...ASE_p/ce17.htm

Before nitpicking, 36W and 40W is the same,within 10% of power and 5% of current (which is the important parameter).

Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

well I have to apologize again, it is not a bayonet style (that's what I get for going with the first thing I read) These look like an older automotive dome light bulb, but the specs I posted look to be correct 36volt 54watt (1.5amp)

Click image for larger version

Name:	000111.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	854549

Comment

Originally posted by boog View Post
                    I appreciate pointing out my lack of knowledge on what company owns what brands,
                    Heck I didn't know until I wiki'd it. I was operating without a clear knowledge of who's zoomin' who, at least in the LOUD universe, for the better part of 20 years, until looking it up. So... now we know, and on we go, let's hope we can get our gear fixed.
                    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Ouch!!!
                      Usual bulbs are exactly like car dome lights , with conical metallic ends,which clip on a suitable socket.

I bet vibration unseated them or caused reliability problems so now they got the pigtail version and solder them into the PCB.

Plus vibration proofing them with some suitable adhesive or sealant.

I guess you´+ll have to search for the same, *OR* screw a bayonet socket to the cabinet insides and wire it to crossover holes.

I had mis searched for a 36W bulb, will try 54W next but you search too
                      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

As anyone in theater will tell you, those are lamps, not bulbs.

Google "Ampeg crossover lamps" and they will come up.
                        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

https://www.fliptops.net/catalog/categories
                          Fliptops Home of Parts for Ampeg Lovers

https://www.fliptops.net/catalog/p-101023/ampeg-hlf-and-he-series-crossover-protection-bulb
                          Ampeg HLF and HE Series Crossover Protection Bulb

https://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/Bass/acapella-17/441276-
                          Crossover "light bulb" ampeg 4x10 HLF

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/ampeg-pr-410hlf-crossover-bulbs-needed.1244584/
                          Ampeg PR-410HLF Crossover Bulbs

https://www.amprepairparts.com/ampegcrate.htm
                          Ampeg and Crate Parts
                          It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post
                            Mmmmhm ... you friends with some guru man?

That is old news, now it´s "yampeg"
                            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

If you know of an autoparts place with an old timer working there (other than the usual 'chimps' who will just ask for make & model ), show it to him and I bet he'll find you one.
                              Originally posted by Enzo
                              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                              X