Behringer EuroLive B212D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer EuroLive B212D

Good morning to all.......I was sent three of these units with the same problem....will not turn on....from the same person....anyway, I took one apart and saw swollen electrolytics..I did replace them but the same problem remains.....my question is...how do some of you people here troubleshoot something like this with the boards pulled from the chassis..you can't test anything with it installed as there are lots of circuitry on both sides of the board...and then you have the issue of somehow trying to heat sink the power transistors, Fets, etc., in order to power the board up.....not to mention that they retail for $350 Canadian up here....are they really worth the trouble??? Any ideas or suggestions kindly welcome......let's see if I can get the schematic posted here for you.....The only schematic I could find was for a B215D
    Cheers
    Behringer B215D Schematic.pdf

Originally posted by bsco View Post
    Good morning to all.......I was sent three of these units with the same problem....will not turn on....from the same person....anyway, I took one apart and saw swollen electrolytics..I did replace them but the same problem remains.....my question is...how do some of you people here troubleshoot something like this with the boards pulled from the chassis..you can't test anything with it installed as there are lots of circuitry on both sides of the board...and then you have the issue of somehow trying to heat sink the power transistors, Fets, etc., in order to power the board up.....not to mention that they retail for $350 Canadian up here....are they really worth the trouble??? Any ideas or suggestions kindly welcome......let's see if I can get the schematic posted here for you.....The only schematic I could find was for a B215D
    Cheers
    [ATTACH]54725[/ATTACH]

Can you not remove that cage thing that contains everything in a way that power transistors/ICs stay on a heatsink?

Test the speakers first and foremost, there's a possibility that circuit protection is tripping because of a faulty load.

Comment

Originally posted by m1989jmp View Post
      Can you not remove that cage thing that contains everything in a way that power transistors/ICs stay on a heatsink?

Test the speakers first and foremost, there's a possibility that circuit protection is tripping because of a faulty load.
      Thanks for the reply.....you have to remove the board inside the cage and in order to do that the heat sink assy has to be dismantled....there are clips that when screwed down to the side of the cage, they will hold the necessary components tight against the heat sink....in order to get the board out as there is circuitry on both sides, the heat sink assy has to be dismantled.....The speakers test ok......I had some parts come in yesterday so I will get back to this in the next day or so...I'll take another look at the cage and how everything goes together to see if there is a way to actually do that....
      Cheers

Comment

Thanks for the reply.....you have to remove the board inside the cage and in order to do that the heat sink assy has to be dismantled....there are clips that when screwed down to the side of the cage, they will hold the necessary components tight against the heat sink....in order to get the board out as there is circuitry on both sides, the heat sink assy has to be dismantled.....The speakers test ok......I had some parts come in yesterday so I will get back to this in the next day or so...I'll take another look at the cage and how everything goes together to see if there is a way to actually do that....
        Cheers
        In that case, maybe you can remove clips entirely and just screw the components directly to the sink...

There are replacement power amp modules available for around 120USD, assuming preamp works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by m1989jmp View Post
          In that case, maybe you can remove clips entirely and just screw the components directly to the sink...

There are replacement power amp modules available for around 120USD, assuming preamp works fine.
          I don't think that will work.....the thermal pads don't have screw holes in them for that....It is an idea which I will check out over the next day or so....maybe I can rig up some sort of external heat sink.....will have to ground the boards together as well.....I think the main board is grounded to the cage in two locations.....I'll check it out and let you know.....the owner was expecting to have these in two days...and of course doesn't want to spend much money to have them fixed....by the time I get a module in Canadian funds, and have it shipped in would probably approach the retail cost of these new at the local music store...they sell for $358.00 CAD....

Comment

Here is the B212A schematic: behringer_b212a.zip

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
              Here is the B212A schematic: [ATTACH]54729[/ATTACH]
              Thanks Jazz P.....however, the file won't work.....and what is the difference between a 212A and a 212D.........

Comment

My best advice is to get a set of probe extensions so that you can test with minimal disassembly. I have a set and they are invaluable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1CXH9_AS02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	854553
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Thanks Jazz P.....however, the file won't work.....and what is the difference between a 212A and a 212D.........
                  File just worked for me.
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I believe the 215D is closer to what you have.

https://imagescdn.juno.co.uk/manual/493464-01U.pdf

The D series is Class D output while the A series is discrete component Class AB.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                      I believe the 215D is closer to what you have.

https://imagescdn.juno.co.uk/manual/493464-01U.pdf

The D series is Class D output while the A series is discrete component Class AB.
                      I will try the file again..G1 said it worked for him......I have the 215D schematic here.......Thank you for the help...I will see what I can come up with.....
                      Cheers

Comment

Back at this one...I replaced some bad caps...buldging.....Unit will not power up...did a quick check for some signs of voltage and did notice that there is voltage there but it is cycling.....so the power supply is trying to start but keeps shutting down......looking at the schematic, there are jumpers in the main B+ lines of both the 40V rails and 80V rails....I was thinking of opening those up to isolate the power supply from the rest of the circuitry......but the 12V line is derived from the -80V rail..... this is a double sided board which has to be removed to be worked on....maybe I should remove all the output devices so I wouldn't have to worry about heat......any thoughts, suggestion, comments, etc kindly accepted...
                        Cheers

Comment

Back at this one...I replaced some bad caps...buldging.....Unit will not power up...did a quick check for some signs of voltage and did notice that there is voltage there but it is cycling.....so the power supply is trying to start but keeps shutting down......looking at the schematic, there are jumpers in the main B+ lines of both the 40V rails and 80V rails....I was thinking of opening those up to isolate the power supply from the rest of the circuitry......but the 12V line is derived from the -80V rail..... this is a double sided board which has to be removed to be worked on....maybe I should remove all the output devices so I wouldn't have to worry about heat......any thoughts, suggestion, comments, etc kindly accepted...
                          Cheers
                          You want the exact SM? go to this link have model and serial number. I;m going to make a sticky link at top of forum.
                          nosaj
                          https://music.secure.force.com/Suppo...hringer&rt=gnt
                          soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
                            You want the exact SM? go to this link have model and serial number. I;m going to make a sticky link at top of forum.
                            nosaj
                            https://music.secure.force.com/Suppo...hringer&rt=gnt
                            Thanks for the reply..Just went to the site and filled out the necessary info......let's see if they will send me the schematics.......
                            Cheers

Comment

Thanks for the reply..Just went to the site and filled out the necessary info......let's see if they will send me the schematics.......
                              Cheers
                              Ususally takes a day or so buit no fails yet.
                              nosaj
                              soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X