Noob needing help with foot switch ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob needing help with foot switch ID

I am trying to build a foot switch for my "vintage" amp that I bought with out a foot switch. I found a photo of the inside of the actual foot switch but need some help identifying what kind of switches I need. I am most interested in what type of switch the one one the far left is. The others as best as I can figure are SPST.

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Looks like a SPDT switch. What you can't tell from the picture is if any of them are momentary as opposed to the regular latching type. What amp is it for?

Comment

The three switches, R to L look like SPST switches.

The one on the far right appears to be SPDT.

The two on the right look like they are selecting to the Black wire.
      Without a schematic it's hard to tell if they are maintained or momentary.
      I would guess maintained.

The middle switch & the far left switch I would wager a guess that they are for channel switching/ combing.
      That would make both of them maintained.

Again, no schematic, only a guess.

Here are two switches, SPDT & SPST maintained.
      https://www.amplifiedparts.com/produ...-fender-others
      https://www.amplifiedparts.com/produ...ootswitch-spdt
      Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 08-16-2019, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Old Peavey Deuce?

Comment

What amp?

Justin
          "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
          "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
          "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Yes, old Peavey Deuce 212. I have read through all the old (an somewhat contentious) back threads about this foot switch. I did find a schematic for it and this image. There was a great deal of debate as to which diagram was correct. I think that this is the one that was finally agreed upon. Except my amp does not have phase, instead I have left to right selector-cobiner-reverb-tremolo.

Comment

Yeah, that is the Automix foot switch.
              It should be correct.
              The OM is attached (with schematic) and the Duece ft sw wiring diagram.
              Deuce.pdf
              Duece Ft Sw.pdf

Comment

Thanks for the help and the quick response. I am ordering the switches and an enclosure today and will post pictures of it when it is all done.

Comment

Don't forget the full size 6 pin DIN connector.

Comment

Working...
                  X