No announcement yet.

Trace Elliot 1215 - 2006 version service manual request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello again, after knowing that RS no longer stock the power amp module SDV1025-600 @Ģ50. I've got in touch with EcoTec which makes both the SDV1025-600 PCB assembly and SDV1061-600 PCB with power transformer assembly. I was trying to get a quote for each SDV1061-600 and SDV1056-600 and find out whether anyone under their network chain has them(if direct purchase isn't allowed). Their reply was the SDV1061-600 was only made for Trace Elliot and the minimum order for it is 200 unit with lead time of 4 month. The SDV1056-600 is pending redesign until 2020. No dealers stocking any of the two.

Without a price to go with I may have to safe guess the SDV1061-600 could be at least @Ģ750 a piece excluding shipping. I will try to check voltage rails if not fix the 1215 as advised by kind friends here but I'm also looking forward to raising the white flag in a week or two. I think I'll be happier ridding this amp out the door.lol

Thank you to fellow forumers for all the valueable info given here. Without them, I wouldn't know where to start or who to reach. Appreciate all the support. Keep up the good work.

Thank you
    Last edited by ahseng; 08-21-2019, 12:34 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Just as Plan B , and since you canīt get the original module, you might junk the whole of it and put a new one inside that cabinet.

Say an ICE Power module or equivalent.
      These get straight mains voltage in, can drive a speaker to thunderous levels, for all practical means 450W is as loud as 600W, and they supply auxiliary voltage (think +/-25V or so) for preamps and auxiliary circuits , including fan. (you might have to replace original with a 24V one, no big deal.

Latest trend and for major Manufacturers (Fender/G&K/TC Electronics/Kustom/etc.) is to design just their own preamp, to provide own signature sound and features, and mount it inside a case together with "some" Power amp + supply module, which are "supposed" to sound "all the same".

Which to a point makes many complex amps "repairable" by full substitution.

You are limited by available internal space, of course.

Please post a couple gut pictures.

In theory "it wonīt be a Trace any more" ; in practice it will sound the same, and power will be equivalent, within 1 dB or so.

One of our fine Forum members replaced a dead Acoustic head power amp with an "E Bay" Class D module ... it worked like a charm.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
        Just as Plan B , and since you canīt get the original module, you might junk the whole of it and put a new one inside that cabinet.

Say an ICE Power module or equivalent.
        These get straight mains voltage in, can drive a speaker to thunderous levels, for all practical means 450W is as loud as 600W, and they supply auxiliary voltage (think +/-25V or so) for preamps and auxiliary circuits , including fan. (you might have to replace original with a 24V one, no big deal.
        The ICEpower modules with power supplies do +/- 12V for preamp circuits and also have high voltage rails to add on additional power amp channels.

Comment

Seems like there is an opportunity for someone to get proficient at repairing these AC019/SDV1025 modules. I know there is someone on Ebay that does a repair service for Trace Elliot Bipolar Bear output modules.

Comment

Working...
          X