Trace Elliot 1215 - 2006 version service manual request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trace Elliot 1215 - 2006 version service manual request

Hi, i have this amp sent in for repair. Missing power switch, hardwired it directly hot light, no fan soin nor sound.The schematic found online does not match the power supply board in this one. The pcb prints AC019-E / PC 011-2.

Hope to get help here. Thank you.

Peavey owns Trace, and they will usually give you whatever they have to work with. It is a different number from the regular Peavey support (but may be the same guys answering the phones. https://www.traceelliot.com/resources/) It is a little disconcerting to be working on a "british" amp amp be talking to to someone who has the Peavey accent.

Comment

Originally posted by glebert View Post
      Peavey owns Trace, and they will usually give you whatever they have to work with. It is a different number from the regular Peavey support (but may be the same guys answering the phones. https://www.traceelliot.com/resources/) It is a little disconcerting to be working on a "british" amp amp be talking to to someone who has the Peavey accent.
      Very good sir. I have emailed them using the link you provided. Thank you for that. Hope they'll provide.

Comment

Maybe this will help: AC019-F.

AC019-F Schematics.pdf

Please be aware that the power supply is the switch mode type.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
          Maybe this will help: AC019-F.

[ATTACH]54780[/ATTACH]

Please be aware that the power supply is the switch mode type.
          I received a reply telling my email was blocked with it appears to have someone name@peavey, forward the same there and was blocked too.

With that I thank you for sharing the needed schematic. You seems to have many elusive service manuals. Great to know you happen to see my post.

I noticed theres many coils on the board and suspect it to be an SMPS too. I take note sir. I had diassembled the board to see the rows of power transistors but there was not any. Oh my, what could this new technology be. Adopted from the car stereo world perhaps? Haha

Will be a big challenge for me here as theres many ant size smds. I'm lacking the aid of microscope tool.lol

Thanks again sir for the documentation. I'll dig in the schematic. If I can't fix this, I'll raised the white flag with pride. Good day sir.

Comment

I have a Trace AH1200 head that I picked up as a project for cheap and believe it has these boards. It uses this class D power amp module (http://www.amplifier.co.uk/images/SDV1025-600_1_ETS.pdf). Mine has two of the AC-019 boards. Both of them have problems with the VRSREG rail. One had no voltage after the regulator and one was very low voltage. I implemented the regulator bypass on the one with no voltage but the class D module was then outputing DC so obviously it has issues. I didn't do the bypass on the one with low voltage (which did actually output a very low signal). I am pretty much writing this amp off. The class D modules would be extremely hard to rework because of the way they interface to the other pcb. I may be able to get the other module working using the bypass but I have much smaller amps that can do 600W output. The AH1200 is a monsterously large amp.
            Last edited by glebert; 08-18-2019, 04:30 PM.

Comment

I have a Trace AH1200 head that I picked up as a project for cheap and believe it has these boards. It uses this class D power amp module (http://www.amplifier.co.uk/images/SDV1025-600_1_ETS.pdf). Mine has two of the AC-019 boards. Both of them have problems with the VRSREG rail. One had no voltage after the regulator and one was very low voltage. I implemented the regulator bypass on the one with no voltage but the class D module was then outputing DC so obviously it has issues. I didn't do the bypass on the one with low voltage (which did actually output a very low signal). I am pretty much writing this amp off. The class D modules would be extremely hard to rework because of the way they interface to the other pcb. I may be able to get the other module working using the bypass but I have much smaller amps that can do 600W output. The AH1200 is a monsterously large amp.
              Thank you for shedding more light of the power amp. I never would have thought that piece of could output such watts. I thought the unit I'm looking at missing a board but then the speaker wires told me otherwise. I'm shocked and amazed with TE design approach. Thank you for the link sir.

Mr Jazz P Bass, I can't download the file. Perhaps if you could look into it. Thank you sir.

Comment

I don't know what email you tried, but the email I would use is this:

customerservice@peavey.com
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Here is the AC019-F schematic
                  Attached Files
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                    Here is the AC019-F schematic
                    The circuit looks intimidating to begin with. I feel frightened of how deep the rabbit hole will be. Thank you for the share sir.

Comment

Originally posted by ahseng View Post
                      The circuit looks intimidating to begin with. I feel frightened of how deep the rabbit hole will be. Thank you for the share sir.
                      I think the best route is checking voltage rails. There are multiple fault protection features which might be engaged, and unfortunately the schematic does not tell you what to look for to find out what is happening.

Comment

I think the best route is checking voltage rails. There are multiple fault protection features which might be engaged, and unfortunately the schematic does not tell you what to look for to find out what is happening.
                        I see a lot of test points on the board. I was hoping to see what those meant on the document, but nothing shown. I wish it as detail as old service manual were..Sighh..

What to do..I take your advice greatly.

Comment

I see a lot of test points on the board.
                          From experience, it is best to start from a power source.
                          Check the condition of all fuses and voltages (+/- VCC and +/- VDD) on the voltage regulators (IC10 - IC14)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alarm-Reminder-Lite.icon.gif
Views:	31
Size:	206 Bytes
ID:	854592
                          https://britishaudio.com/collections/trace-elliot-service-manuals?
                          Last edited by vintagekiki; 08-19-2019, 09:24 PM.
                          It's All Over Now

Comment

I see a lot of test points on the board. I was hoping to see what those meant on the document, but nothing shown. I wish it as detail as old service manual were..Sighh..

What to do..I take your advice greatly.
                            To look at the voltage rails I found it easiest to start with the pins of of the SDV1025 module, since the data sheet has the expected voltages for each pin. The test points are sometimes very hard to find/access.
                            Last edited by glebert; 08-19-2019, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X