Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correct type of input jack for bugera 412f-BLK cabinet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct type of input jack for bugera 412f-BLK cabinet.

Hello-
    My apologies in advance for asking a very nube question. I really did look for answer but couldn't find one I could clearly understand.
    So I have a bugera 412 cabinet with a bad input jack. It has a jack plate in the back with a switch for mono/stereo and two (L/R) 1/4" or 6.3 mm jacks, one of which is broken. I opened it and it's a straight incased jack with 5 pins or conductors soldered to a little board. I need to find out what kind of jack I should buy to replace the bad one. I found similar looking jacks but since I dont have schematic of my current Jack I wasn't sure if i can replace it with. I've also seen mono/stereo switching jackplate on amazon which seems to do what I want but again being a newbie I needed to confirm, plus i prefer to just solder in a new jack and keep it look original. Cabinet has 4 speakers in it and using the back plate switch it can do either mono at 16 ohm or stereo at 8 ohm. I took pictures of it which I'll add as soon as I figure out how.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Last edited by Tony2time; 08-19-2019, 07:49 PM. Reason: Adding image

Yeah, a pic would help.

Take a look at these: https://www.google.com/search?q=1/4%...=1566224676184

You could always contact Behringer: https://music.secure.force.com/Suppo...hringer&rt=gnt

Comment

Thanks for the reply. You are right, I'll email behringer support. The ones in your link look physically identical, I've been fretting about their switching schematics though. Btw, I tried to upload pics using a pat to the pic in my phone storage and also using URL to the image on an image hosting site but failed both times. Maybe I need to try on a computer. Anyways thank you.

Comment

If it is a 5 pin jack, that sounds like it is a TRS (stereo) jack.

Comment

If memory serves me though, the Behr jacks LOOK just like the Switchcraft ones, but the tip and ring contacts are on opposite sides of the body. That is a mirror image. I could be confusing something else though. I have had to slide the contacts out of the housing and into the other spaces. Also the Switchcraft 3/8" barrel was ever so slsightly larger than the metric Behr part, so I had to gently dress out the panel holes. But I did mount Switchcrafts in their place rather than order som esoteric Behr part.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

If you don't use the stereo option, you could ditch that board and switch and just wire two standard Switchcraft #11 mono 1/4" jacks in parallel to each other and the speakers. Done. If you must have the stereo option, you will need the cheap replacement jack, and may as well buy two because they don't last.
            It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Thank you for all your replies. I have emailed behringer to see if they have a part or more info for me. I will post the response when I get one. If that doesn't work perhaps I would make it a mono as suggested here which should make this simpler. Thank you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony2time View Post
                Thank you for all your replies. I have emailed behringer to see if they have a part or more info for me. I will post the response when I get one. If that doesn't work perhaps I would make it a mono as suggested here which should make this simpler. Thank you all.
                There are a lot of images in the easy to follow diagram format for mono/stereo 4x12 cabinet wiring. You could buy the jacks to duplicate one of those, which typically use readily available jacks, keep the mono/stereo option and ditch the need for a special order part ever again.
                "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Thank you Chuck. That was actually a great advice. I just looked at some diagrams and now I understand this far better. You are right. This sounds like the best way.
                  Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X