Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digitech RP6 questions

Hello to all,
    I just inherited a well worn Digitech RP6 processor that is having a few issues. I did contact the factory about a schematic but they are no longer available. I also posted in the Digitech forum but this forum always seems to have some one that has the answers.
    The unit has the following going on.

1# some of the factory presets work. Others will start (display the correct number) and then quit immediately . It seems to always be the same ones that work .

2# The wah pedal doesn't work at all. The light for the opto coupler (inside the unit) is working .

3# Some of the LED,S on the parameter bank,(the row on the far left side) are out. The display does go through the different parameters when using the buttons. It's just the LED's not lighting up.

Would anyone have a schematic or service information for this unit they would share? Some of the presets sound really nice. I'm hoping to get the others working . Any suggestions on fixing the above issues from a past or present owners would be most welcome!
    Thanks in Advance!
    dad roadie
    Last edited by dadroadie; 08-21-2019, 08:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Have you tried a factory reset? It could just be corrupt data.

To restore factory programs:
    Plug the RP6 in while holding down the parameter select <up> key
    When rst appears in the display window, press the value <up> key
    DONE!
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Thanks for the reply!
      I did try the factory reset to no avail. The unit has a very good USA made build quality to it. It's just really old! 1996 I'm hoping someone has a schematic out there they will share. Or had this unit and experienced one of the issues listed and resolved it. The biggest one is the presents that drop out. the others (LED's and wah not working I can live with.
      Best Regards
      dadroadie

Comment

Are you using the correct 9V AC power supply?
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Thanks again for helping with this. Yes I have the orginal power supply and it checks out.
          regards dadroadie

Comment

What about the internal battery? If I remember right (I had one) there is a coin type battery inside.
            On second thought, mine may have been an Rp7. I'd still look into the battery though.
            Vote like your future depends on it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply!
              The rp6 does have a battery and I did replace it. Still finding the same problems. Any other ideals or where I could get a schematic?
              Again thanks to all .
              Regards
              Steve

Comment

Hi to all,
                I wanted to explain what the presets are doing in case someone has had this happen on their unit. Some presets work, others when you switch to them the number shows, and the preset starts for a second or two, and then stops (dies out). I did switch out the tactile button with one that I know was working on the unit . It did not make any difference.It always seems to be the same presets that are not working. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the effect that's used in making up the presets sound? Again any help would be greatly appreciated! I have not been able to find a schematic anywhere. The factory wasn't able to help so I'm really flying blind on this! Regards dad roadie

Comment

Hi to All,
                  If anyone has any ideals it would be appreciated! The schematic for this unit is not available from the factory or the web so I'm kind of flying blind!
                  Regards
                  dadroadie

Comment

Look up datasheets for the chips, check that you at least have correct supply voltages to them.
                    Feel for any overheating chips.
                    Originally posted by Enzo
                    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by dadroadie View Post
                      digitech RP6 questions
                      https://music-electronics-forum.com/showthread.php?t=49622
                      It's All Over Now

Comment

I have the solution!! On compressor line, go down to "type" it's the control for expression pedal, cc1 is noise reduction volumen Cc2 is Wah control, and cc3 to cc8 are parameters control as delay or modulations. Just select the one you want to use!!

Comment

schematic here: https://music-electronics-forum.com/...etch?id=922349
                          Originally posted by Enzo
                          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

It could be a battery issue.
                            Those older Digitech units relied on a 2032 batter to store the memory, they need to be replaced every seven years .

I still rely on my old Digitech RP-1 and RP-12 units and they still sound good after all these years .

Comment

Hi guys.
                              I need to change 2 of the footswitches on an Rp6. I opened the unit and took out all visible screws but the pcb would get out. There is something holding it back under the large 2 ICs. Even took them out to see if there is scew under the ICs but nothing.
                              Any ideas how to take the pcb out?

​​​​​​Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X