Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guyatone GA1010 Preamp out question

Hello dear forum members,

I've been an avid reader of this forum for several years.
    Now I'd like to ask for your advice:

I literally pulled an old amp from the 60s, a Guyatone GA1010, out of the trash and found that it still worked pretty well. Anyway, I'm just about to overhaul it completely and have already exchanged the capacitors.
    The built-in tremolo, however, seems to be just a wet signal. I'd like to modify the amp so that I can install a second preamp channel and mix it with the "original" channel so I can mix in the tremolo's signal. But maybe I'd simply put a blend pot for the tremolo into the board (this would probably be the better solution).

Here's my question:
    I've no schematics for the amp and I've no idea how to figure out where the preamp output is.
    Can someone help me find out? I can send photos of the board. Maybe someone got the schematics?

I'm very grateful for any help (even if my project seems a bit silly)!

Btw., the amp was not complete, when I found it. Only the bare chassis with the electronic components. I'd never modify a complete amp, even if it's a cheap one like this. I'll build a nice cab for it.

Best wishes from Bavaria

Michael
    Last edited by Brokkoliwirsing; 08-25-2019, 02:50 PM.

The built-in tremolo, seems to be just a wet signal.
    What does that exactly mean.
    Does it work or not?

I'd like to modify the amp so that I can install a second preamp channel
    not toopractical,even worse withoutbschematic.
    In any case you donīt have space to add anything else, you should drill front panel for extra controls, etc.
    Better focus on improving current tremolo.
    and mix it with the "original" channel so I can mix in the tremolo's signal.
    Reverb works that way, not tremolo.
    But maybe I'd simply put a blend pot for the tremolo into the board (this would probably be the better solution).
    We donīt know yet how your tremolo works, thereīs various ways to "tremolo" a signal.

As you see, a schematic is needed, start by posting detailed PCB closeups to guess what we have there.
    Search the Net, probably that same amp was sold under a "house brand" in the 60īs, say Lafayette or a dozen others.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Does your trem sound like the one here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMY5g2SB910

Some Guyatone amps were rebranded by Selmer in the UK as Futurama.

Comment

Working...
      X