• Show
Clear All

• Astral Guitars

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0609-727x400.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	874908
    Undeniably very well made and gilded beyond many peoples limits, its Uli Roth's Sky Guitar WEB site
    http://www.sky-guitars.com/

talk about astral! Its totally over the top. Pegasi and unicorns abound as does reams of flowery text!
    All the guitars are made by Luthier Boris Dommenget (who did not make Uli's original Sky guitar, that was Andreas Demetriou, a luthier in Brighton UK) they start about where the 50 models Dean guitars sold a few years back ($18k) and go up to...$34k for the one shown above. The 18V low impedance pickup system (MightyWing III, developed with John Orman, http://www.john-oram.com/) costs $2500.

Name:	IMG_5911a.jpg
Size:	748.7 KB
ID:	874909
    He has Strat versions, Tronical tuning systems which work via a Bluetooth app (only 6 strings, the extra 1/2 strings on 7 and 8 string models must be tuned manually
    built in digital effects and loopers, blinding LED side dots, and lots of moonstones...lots. Theres even an affordable bare bones model...for $6k

Enjoy!

Scallops, better on my plate than on my guitar.
    I sometimes wonder who buys these super fancy custom guitars. I've noticed the Bass player on the TV show The Voice playing a Teye, but otherwise I don't think I've ever seen a fancy custom played in public.
    Last edited by dmartn149; 09-02-2019, 02:41 AM.
    Vote like your future depends on it.

Comment

its a good question, there are probably many many lawyers, MBAs and orthodontists with gobs of cash and a desire to "be cool(er)"

Name:	1024x1024.jpg
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	854717
      There are also many collectors with hundreds of guitars in storage (or piles, Yngwie).

I've seen a few Ritters played in public and they are not cheap

Name:	1616-1.jpg
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	854718
      you don't see pro musicians with these because they don't want museum pieces they want a dependable tool. The rich do love their baubles though, usually more than anything else.

Comment

Working...
      X