Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha ERG-121 Wiring

Hi people.
    I’m trying to fix up my sons slightly battered ERG-121. The cable jack had been completely ripped out leaving only one wire hanging out and can’t figure out where the missing wire should go...
    The wiring consists of a 5-way switch as well as one volume and one tone pot.
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Comment

Comment

Comment

You have not indicated which wire is not connected.

If it is the Black wire sticking up in the first pic, that is a ground wire.

It appears to be the ground wire for the bridge.

Black wires appear to all be a common ground wire so solder it to any other black wire.

Comment

Here is the wiring diagram:

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...1&d=1567441565
            Attached Files

Comment

I can't see where the red wire in your first picture ends. Is this the loose one? The "black wire" seems to be a reflection of the red one, right?
              The red wire appears to be the output that connects to the jack. It is a coaxial (shielded) wire. Shield should go to the ground lug and its inner lead to the hot lug of the output jack.
              Last edited by Helmholtz; 09-02-2019, 05:26 PM.
              - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

This one looks more like the photos:

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...1&d=1567446191
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by EnJaySee View Post
                  Shielded wires (red, blue, yellow) signal go to the 5-way switch, shield go to the body volume pot.
                  Plain red wire from the 5-way switch go to the left terminal volume pot.
                  Shielded red wire from middle terminal volume pot go to the output jack.
                  Plain black and red wire from the tone pot go to the volume pot.
                  Plain black wire from bridge assembly go to the body tone pot.
                  It's All Over Now

Comment

Thanks but there is no wire just not connected, there’s a wire missing. The black wire you refer to is a reflection

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
                      I can't see where the red wire in your first picture ends. Is this the loose one? The "black wire" seems to be a reflection of the red one, right?
                      The red wire appears to be the output that connects to the jack. It is a coaxial (shielded) wire. Shield should go to the ground lug and its inner lead to the hot lug of the output jack.
                      Ah!! That makes sense, I was looking for a ‘missing’ wire but nothing is missing if that’s coaxial! Thank you so much...

Comment

Originally posted by dmeek View Post
                        This one looks more like the photos:

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...1&d=1567446191
                        Thank you so much! I didn’t realise the red wire was coaxial! I was thinking there should be two wires going to the jack!

Comment

Originally posted by EnJaySee View Post
                          I didn’t realise the red wire was coaxial! I was thinking there should be two wires going to the jack!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	RGX121X guitar.gif
Views:	1
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	855489
                          It's All Over Now

Comment

Working...
                          X